Facebook Pixel confusion

Highlighted
7 0 0

Hello everyone! 

So when I first started building my store I have added a facebook pixel code to my Shopify store after watching few youtube tutorial videos, the pixel was made from my facebook personal account just when I was started building my store.

Now I want to start running some Facebook ads, and I made a facebook business account and a page for my store, after choosing the conversions ads setting, it gives the option to create a facebook pixel.

From my understanding so far I do have one already added to my Shopify store settings (the long code)

Do I have to make a new pixel and delete the old one? or do I actually have a facebook pixel running but for some reason Facebook is asking me to add one?

Sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm still learning everything by self 

Thank you all =)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 3

Leo-

You should only have to add one pixel for FB. Try the Facebook Pixel Tester on Chrome and it will help you identify if there are issues with the pixel: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/facebook-pixel-helper/fdgfkebogiimcoedlicjlajpkdmockpc?hl=...

Steve

PromoPrep.com : Intuitive Promotion Planning Software
0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

No, You can use your old Pixel code. If you think its creating problem then please contact with Facebook.

0 Likes