Facebook Pixel does not connect with my store

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi @Tira,

I'm having the same issue the rest of the users are having. I have disabled the Chrome Ad Blocker by doing the following and i'm using the "Simple" theme.

- Settings

- Site Settings

-Ads (Allow Ads)

The Pixel helper is also saying PageView is checking out & Microdata Automatically Detected.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.  

Brian

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
584 33 94

Hi, @Danielle54.

Tira here, from Shopify.

I appreciate you doing some troubleshooting to dig into your Facebook Pixel not showing the AddtoCart event. Thank you for providing your store URL and theme name. 

I checked your store with the Facebook Pixel Helper and this is what I see: 20-07-031gb-7sd3t

Typically, when the AddtoCart event does not show up, it means the store is using a pop-out cart. This can happen because the URL of the page does not change to 

/cart

after adding a product to the stores cart and the product page stays with the product page URL. I tested this on your store and it looks like you are using a full-page cart, so this instance would not apply. 

Can you please share a screenshot of what you're seeing in the Facebook Pixel Helper when you view your pixel's activity? I can take a further look.

@BukLau and @thesupercoolco can you try these steps and let me know if this helps? 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
I have figured out the issue you need to connect your Facebook page to your
Shopify and also make sure your page is published and connect everything it
tells you to
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi @Tira 

I'm another person with this 'No Activity' issue. I've been trying to fix this for 3 or 4 days now to no avail and would greatly appreciate your help.

I've basically tried every solution that's come up in this thread that I'll list out:

1.) Removed/Paused Adblocker

2.) Added Pixel Helper Extension. Note: The Extension recognizes the Pixel on my website but Facebook does not

3.) Confirmed Pixel ID matches up

4.) Cleared cache and cookies

5.) Made sure my Shopify address was input correctly

6.) Tried multiple internet browsers

7.) Tried different computers

I've attached some screenshots of everything I'm looking at for your reference.

Thanks so much @Tira !

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 6.27.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-13 at 6.31.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-13 at 6.33.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-13 at 6.30.50 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
584 33 94

Hi, @steinbrg.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. 

Thank you for providing these screenshots and I appreciate you doing some troubleshooting steps on this. I understand your pixel isn't showing any activity when you check the status on Facebook and that this is frustrating. It seems like this is similar to what @BukLau and @thesupercoolco are experiencing.

I would like to ask a few questions to help with the next steps:

I can see that the first and second screenshots are from the Shopify admin.

Where are the last two screenshots taken from?

What are you doing to market your store? 

Do you see any traffic listed in the Shopify Analytics section of your admin? Shopify Analytics provides you with a way to view your store's recent activity, see insight into your visitors and analyze your store's transactions. Check out our help doc with a rundown of the type of reports we have here: Shopify Analytics

To access your Shopify Analytics, you can login into your admin, and click on "Analytics" on the left side of your admin. Here's a screenshot from my test store:

20-07-6zqkp-tpuiq

To check the traffic of your store, you can take a look at the Dashboard and the card titled, "Online store sessions by traffic source". This will show how many sessions your store has received based on how visitors came to your store. Online store sessions can be generated when someone does a search for your store or enters your store URL in their browser. Check out our help doc for the steps to customize this here: Overview dashboard

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi @Tira ,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The last two screenshots are from Facebook Business Manager where the set up for the Pixel is taking place.

I basically go through the steps of setting up the Facebook Pixel and it gets stuck at that point that I screenshotted (last two screenshots).

To answer your second question, I haven't done anything to market my store yet.

The first bit of marketing I was planning on doing was Facebook ads in conjunction with the Facebook Pixel.

I checked the Analytics page like you said and I do have a history of some visitors. Screenshot attached.

Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 4.27.39 PM.png

Quick Update: I checked Facebook Business Manager and my Facebook Pixel is now working!! 

I have no idea what made the Pixel go Active as I haven't touched it since yesterday.

One one hand I'm happy it got fixed, but at the same time I'm frustrated how hard that was and I still have no idea what fixed it lol.

1 Like
Highlighted

Thank you sir for this answer

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
584 33 94

Thank you for the details! If you're planning to use your Facebook Pixel for setting up Facebook ads, I recommend checking out our blog post Facebook Ads for Beginners: A Step-By-Step Guide to Running Your First Campaign for tips to set this up and creating your ads.

I'm glad to hear that this is working for you.

How did you confirm this, @steinbrg? If you don't mind sharing it with the community here, that would be much appreciated. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

I am facing the same exact problem. I don't have an ad blocker installed or anything like that. I have been trying to connect the Pixel for 2 days and it is still telling me "No Activity Yet".

There's no point in having a Shopify account if I can't send traffic to the website, and I've already lost two days. Can someone from Shopify help please?

I have read all the help guides, done all the troubleshooting (clear cache, use Facebook Pixel Helper, etc.) and it's still not working. I can only hope that just like the previous post, somehow it magically works tomorrow.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
584 33 94

Hey, @omzz23.

Tira here, from Shopify. Thank you for providing these details, I appreciate you doing some troubleshooting and following our help docs.

It sounds like the "No Activity Yet" is a common situation in this thread. I'm happy to provide some direction on this.

Where are you seeing this error? Is it in the Shopify admin or on Facebook? If you are seeing the error on Facebook's end, then this would be outside our scope of support. 

Is the Facebook Pixel Helper showing that the pixel has been found on your store? If so, then the Facebook Pixel is working on your store and the "No Activity Yet" on Facebook may be a result of traffic not coming to your store. 

I'm curious to hear what the community has to suggest!

0 Likes