Facebook Pixel fires 19 times and product catalogue shows errors

Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi guys,

Neither Facebook Ad Support nor Shopify Support could help me.

I'm running ads for an e-commerce shop on Shopify. The Pixel is installed and doesn't track any errors.

I'm facing three issues:
(1) The purchase event doesn't track the value of the purchase (s. screenshot attached).
(2) The purchase event does track several purchases although only one item has been bought (s. screenshot 2 & 3)

(3) The product catalogue shows errors. It was sourced though Flexify. I can see the content IDs in the Flexify file and in the catalogue yet Facebook still shows errors. Why?

Link to the shop: https://fundamental.berlin/

Many thanks in advance!

53243880_10218104351790534_1728870150779699200_n.jpg53082597_10218104352110542_8345026494401085440_o.jpg53111019_10218104351990539_8433844433807474688_o.jpgScreenshot 2019-03-08 at 16.08.56.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
12 2 6

Hello Pascal,

any chance I can have a look into your Facebook ads account as a guest in order to double check configuration. 

Regards,

Rafa

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi Rafa, yeah, we can do that. Pls add me on facebook and we gonna sort out the rest: https://www.facebook.com/passiimweltall

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 1

I am not an expert in this but having some similar issues.

One thing I can see on your product page is that the pixel helper shows 3 events half way though the page load and then goes back to 1 and there is no information about the catalogue and product info in the pixel helper.  It may be passing the info and then getting overwritten by other elements loading in the page.

How have you installed the pixel in your page?  Did you just add the pixel ID in the Shopify admin area or have you installed it another way?

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0
Thanks man for the reply! I didn’t install the pixel myself but can find that out.

I’ve also shared this issue with the Facebook developer team and they said it has been installed by Trekkie?

Let me know if that helps!

Many thanks in advance for your support!
pascal
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 1

Someone mentioned Trekkie to me today but see the link below - that is a bit of Shopify code (not an app).

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Shopify-Trekkie/m-p/358102 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 1

I should add that my Pixel Helper constantly shows errors of unmatched products in the catalogue, yet in the tracked events you can see it has tracked the view of that product  BUT somewhat stupidly I can also see the same product in the Diagnostics part of the Facebook business manager as not being matched.  

None of it makes any sense but I do have Shopify Level 2 Support working on this issue at the moment.

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0
That sounds also super strange :/ let me know how they’ve resolved the issue perhaps it can be helpful for me as well. How did u get in touch with them?

Since removing Trekkie code is obviously not an option, do u have any other idea what I could do?

Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 1

I just called the Shopify help line and they have escalated the matter.

Not much you can do but I will update this if I get any interesting news/solutions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

So that be great, thanks man!

BTW – my client has installed the pixel only manually. Don't know if this information still helps...

0 Likes