Facebook Pixel not tracking Purchases. And Double pixel? How to remove..

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi all!

Im working on this for a while but without any succes. Any help would be highly appreciated! 

I've pasted the Facebook pixel to my shopify storefront and all events trigger perfectly. except... the one we all work our A**es of for daily 🤗. So the purchases or not being tracked. Yesterday I had my hopes up because a testorder I did fired the pixel. Today i had 3 orders and non of them fired the purchase event.

We all know the consequences this little big problem has for any e-commerce business.. 

When looking in the Facebook businessmanager yesterday i noticed 2 pixels are active. Tried to remove one by removing the Facebook marketing app, that worked but a few hours later its active again... Maybe that has something to do with the fact its not tracking purchases correctly?

My website is milestoneposter.com

Please help..

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Do you have any apps that may modify the checkout or the thank you page? Subscription apps or upsell apps are common ones. These apps can skip the standard checkout where the pixel will fire the purchase event. It's the most common reason I see a pixel not firing on thank you page in Shopify.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
1 Like
3 0 0

Hi Josh,

Thanks for helping me out. 

When I installed the pixel I had no other apps installed and the pixel didn't work. Later on, after I installed the pixel I've added some Apps but removed them to fix this problem and even reinstalled the pixel.

The last few days the pixel fired once, but I had 15 purchases. It seems like the redirect to the Thank You page isn't going correctly but i also checked that by making a test order. It redirected me to the thank you page and on that test order the pixel fired as well. So in total the pixel fired 2 times. Once with the test order and once with a real purchase.

Any idea whats going on?

0 Likes
Highlighted

It's possible some other scripts are conflicting. I haven't seen this before though in working on Facebook Ads for many clients. I see it a lot though in messing up Google Ads and analytics. If you're up for it, you can do another test order with Chrome tools in developer mode. Look at the console to see if there's any errors or warnings. Share anything here.

Another thought. Have a look at your Google Analytics browser data to see what browsers your customers are using. It is possible your market is heavily skewed towards browser technology that is blocking the pixel. The fact your test purchase went through is suspicious of that. You could trial installing Safari then do another test purchase. See if the Purchase event fires.

You can read this https://digiday.com/marketing/wtf-apples-itp-2-3-update/. VERY few marketers are aware of this or even talking about it.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes