Facebook Pixel shopify integration: AddToCart Event firing Twice

MaximGJ
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi, I have a problem with my Shopify site Facebook Pixel witch connected via the admin area firing twice for AddToCart event. I have installed GA and GTM but they don't have AddToCart events. 

Every time after pressing the button 'Add to Cart' event firing twice and I can see in FB Pixel dashboard the same date and time for that event. Also, Facebook Pixel Helper said 'The Facebook pixel activated 2 times on this web page, which can cause errors in your event tracking.'

https://www.screencast.com/t/Kv3rt3shNM

A page for testing: https://greatjonesgoods.com/products/big-deal

Guys, can you give hints what is wrong, I have already tried all the options 🙂
Thank you.

Replies 12 (12)

Addyz
Pathfinder
191 4 23

Hi @MaximGJ ,

Have you manually added the pixel in your theme file or have added pixel in preference sections. What i am suspecting is you have twice added pixel once in theme and then in preferences section. 

Once check for this possible cause, also if you are using chrome use Pixel Helper chrome extension. It might help you

banned
MaximGJ
Tourist
3 0 1

nope I use only pixel in preference sections. But I found the problem is ajaxify widget which was modifyed

maha8
Visitor
1 0 0

اعتقد  انني اضفت بيكسيل مرتين 

لا اعلم كيف احذف احدهم ولا اعرف من احذف بالتحديد

PreBuiltStores
Shopify Partner
256 3 22
Simply remove GTM tag and you will not see the error.

You can use Facebook app without integration of the GTM.
Pre-Built Shopify Stores Dropshipcorporation.com We are Shopify Partner
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.

Amit_Roznak1
Shopify Partner
244 4 29

Hi @MaximGJ,

Facebook duplicate conversions for both add to cart and purchase are known issues that make it hard for you to really measure your advertising performance and ROAS accurately. It can happen due to various reasons, customers that refreshed the checkout page, clicked and/or viewed more than one ad in the attribution window, issues with scripts with ajax cart and the list go on.

We developed on AdScale a report that helps you to eliminate the double conversions by connecting the click ID and conversion ID directly to the Shopify Order ID, and this can detect duplicate conversions on Facebook  & Instagram, or even cross-platform between Facebook & Google. This way you can get the real picture of your advertising performance!

Amit_Roznak1_0-1615727825313.png

AdScale is the best way to advertise on Facebook & Google because we use the power of your store data (that they don’t have) to run highly targeted ads and get an average ROAS of 10X.

OOBSERVE
4 0 0

Hey MaximGj, I have been through your issues and screencast. 
One possibility for the cause of this error is the manual event which might have been setup through the event setup tool and though you have already connected the pixel through shopify partner integration. It becomes a possibility that both of the events are firing at once, first one from manual setup and other one from partner integration. 

solution for this is as per the following steps. 
go to business settings > events manager > on the right hand side you'll find the event type (all/custom events) [screenshot attached].

click on the custom event and you'll find all the events setup through the manual setup tool, find add to cart & click on it, then click on manage events and delete it. 
you issue is sorted, test your events for a confirmation. 

I hope this resolves your issue. Please feel free to revert back to us if it does. 

Regardsscreenshot-business.facebook.com-2021.04.02-02_41_40.png

Team OOBSERVE

carlosalaniz
Visitor
3 0 0

How did you fix it? I'm experiencing the same issue

MaximGJ
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Carlosalaniz, strongly recommended use only Facebook Pixel in admin area shopify. Also I have error in ajaxify template, you can check this file.

carlosalaniz
Visitor
3 0 0

Yeah, I only installed it through the admin area and I fixed it. You were right, it was part of the ajax

Leandro_blu
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, how can I see if I'm using ajax and if I`m having the same issue because of that?

Thanks!

Jamie1939
Tourist
22 0 1

Hi i am having the same issue, can you please tell how to get red of showing add to cart twice on event manager. 

Liquify
Shopify Expert
94 0 51

see here on debugging add to cart firing twice - you need to use dev tools to see what is initiating it and then work backwards from there to limit the script.

https://www.loom.com/share/0ec86db5227747cdb58591fd01ccae31

★★★ Need help setting up your Shopify store? Hire me here: https://liquify.design ★★