Facebook Retargeting - Pixel Code issues

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 6

Hello,

I am trying to target people that have visited my website, but have NOT purchased anything, through facebook advertising.  I have my pixel code, and at the moment it is in the Checkout section to track conversions/sales from previous facebook ads I have ran.  How can I also add a pixel to my homepage to see just website visitors?  Where should I paste my code?  Will it mess up my check out only numbers if I do this, or is there a way to seperate this?

I have searched everywhere for a clear, updated answer on this and any help would be appreciated!

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
178 0 12

Hello,

Christine here from the Shopify Guru team - thanks for reaching out!

You would only need to paste the pixel code in the Settings > Checkout and Additional Scripts section of the page. Have you tested to make sure the pixel is working correctly and is talking to facebook. There is an extension called Facebook Pixel Helper you can add to your browser which can help to verify if any pixels are active.

Also, you can see the conversion information in the order page. In the bottom left corner of the order page, you may see a conversions box, which shows you where the order came from.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you need anything else. We are just a click away :)

Cheers,
Christine - Shopify Guru

0 Likes