Facebook Retargeting "Adds to cart" and customers

James_Smith7
8 0 0

I've searched Shopify and youtube and spoken to two Shopify customer service reps and NO answer.

I want to do two things with Facebook retargeting (yes I have done this for some time and my pixel is set up correctly).

1) I want to target shoppers who have added a item to their cart but did NOT reach the check out page.

2) I want to target people who have purchased. Yes, I realize I can use my customer email list but I would like the FB customer retargeting ad to be dynamic and not have to go in and re-upload the file every day.

In 2017, with everything they've done, I find it hard to believe that Shopify doesn't have an easy solution. All I have been able to do so far is target pages on my URL, though the FB audience builder, that end in /cart or /checkout but that's not working.

Any help?

0 Likes
Jodyshop_Shoppi
Tourist
50 0 2

I think this isn't possible! or you can hire someone who has great experience in FB campaigns.

Jodyshop Technologies, Inc. @ Jodyshop.com
0 Likes
Luis_Morales2
Shopify Partner
58 0 11

Tell me if this works:

1. Go to custom audience > website traffic > From Your events include AddtoCart and exclude Initiate checkout

2.Go to custom audience > website traffic > From Your events include Purchasers

Cheers,
Luis Morales
Chief Marketer at Jeero
jeero.co

0 Likes
James_Smith7
8 0 0

When was the last time you did this? FB just changed how you can target pages so the layout is different.

0 Likes
Anh_Nguyen1
Shopify Partner
130 0 12

I got the same problem, seem that there is no AddToCart event on facebook audience but Facebook still record the add to card data. I think this is not a problem from Shopify, but from Facebook. I suggest that we should send Facebook an email asking about it

Purchasing event is still there, don't worry

Download free Shopify theme: https://www.sellersmith.com/pages/sellersmith-free-themes
0 Likes
Mike_Anderson1
Tourist
41 0 2

Same opinion

I think this is not a problem from Shopify, but from Facebook

I build my page with PageFly app and add a facebook pixel to CTA button, it's still working well

Brand assistance @ DRT.com
0 Likes