Facebook ad conversion problem

Highlighted
1 0 0

I am running a matcha niche store

www.matchastory.com

i want to drive sales for my Christmas package , and just started out last week,

i tried Instagram ad as well but no luck

now testing with fb ad

now 26 link clicks, 1345 reach, 1417 impressions, $1.05 per link click

still no conversion

the ads been running since 13th dec

anyone can give me suggestion on how to get the first sales? many thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
78 0 11

Hi Zakary,

Nice site! 

I love matcha. I buy mine from Amazon (normally Dr King ceremonial grade). What stops me ordering from you is that I don’t want to order from Hong Kong, and it’s hard to judge the quality of your product.

Are you targeting people who already buy matcha, or trying to introduce new people to matcha?

Regarding ad costs. Your FB CPC is about average. Conversion rates from FB traffic can be around 1% or even lower on mobile. So basically you could expect to pay $100 to acquire a customer if your performance is average.

There are probably a few details  to improve on your site before you spend a lot on ads. For example, there are no product weights given, I had to zoom in on the photo to see the weight!

Hope this help,

Andrew

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
12 0 1

Hey Zakary - Keep in mind eComm and social media isn't what is used to be. New numbers from SEMrush show that social and AdWords are the worst traffic channels for eComm sites, the majority coming from search and direct traffic instead. I advise my clients to find niche, micro-targets to connect with first before moving into full blown ad placement. See my article on another post about this, along with an example (scroll to bottom to read last reply): https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-marketing/t/what-marketing-channels-should-a-newbie-focus-...

With that said, remember cheap paid ad placement works well for unique products that hold a niche in the market, value, etc. Not every product is "placement" ready if you follow me. My store qualitybreeds.com has played with some FB ads, as you can see in the image provided. I got some early successes on my small budget micro-targeting testing. I manage 13 stores/$80k a month revenue, as some really do well on social, like shopwhispers.com (working on new product images for 2018). 

There are two ways to approach social marketing really when you're testing new stores/products. Small budgets need to run several very micro-targeted ads with different messaging and values. As seen in the image, I only ran this on $100 limit, but ran 6 others to slightly different demos ($300-$600). This allows me to feel out the audience without taking too much time and money to guess. When I find some traction, I split test that ad with even thinner margins in content corrects... Drop so additional money and see which performs best. Once that shows promise, I dumb money onto that ad to maximize performace and conversions. 

The second option is to take $1k+ in a one week ad spend. You drive reach/impression volume fast. If your product has legs you'll know it after one week. If you don't break even or profit, it's likely your venture won't do well on social. Limit investment and find a new vertical, or kill all together. For this to work it requires a great product, price point, value messaging, landing page, ad retargeting, etc to convert as we'd want. 

See my video on this facebook post/image here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qAJBIZsP4k&t=1s

I'm asked all the time for advice, and while I like giving some help on forums like these, I help most with my services. Knowing store owners are on a budget, I've packaged everything a owner needs to learn about their competitors, websites, audience to grow and convert. See it here: https://chemist.agency/product/personalized-ecomm-report/

Make it great Zakary!

-Robert (project feed: twitter.com/rztoler)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
12 0 1

Hey Zakary - Keep in mind eComm and social media isn't what is used to be. New numbers from SEMrush show that social and AdWords are the worst traffic channels for eComm sites, the majority coming from search and direct traffic instead. I advise my clients to find niche, micro-targets to connect with first before moving into full blown ad placement. See my article on another post about this, along with an example (scroll to bottom to read last reply): https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-marketing/t/what-marketing-channels-should-a-newbie-focus-...

With that said, remember cheap paid ad placement works well for unique products that hold a niche in the market, value, etc. Not every product is "placement" ready if you follow me. My store qualitybreeds.com has played with some FB ads, as you can see in the image provided. I got some early successes on my small budget micro-targeting testing. I manage 13 stores/$80k a month revenue, as some really do well on social, like shopwhispers.com (working on new product images for 2018). 

There are two ways to approach social marketing really when you're testing new stores/products. Small budgets need to run several very micro-targeted ads with different messaging and values. As seen in the image, I only ran this on $100 limit, but ran 6 others to slightly different demos ($300-$600). This allows me to feel out the audience without taking too much time and money to guess. When I find some traction, I split test that ad with even thinner margins in content corrects... Drop so additional money and see which performs best. Once that shows promise, I dumb money onto that ad to maximize performace and conversions. 

The second option is to take $1k+ in a one week ad spend. You drive reach/impression volume fast. If your product has legs you'll know it after one week. If you don't break even or profit, it's likely your venture won't do well on social. Limit investment and find a new vertical, or kill all together. For this to work it requires a great product, price point, value messaging, landing page, ad retargeting, etc to convert as we'd want. 

I'm asked all the time for advice, and while I like giving some help on forums like these, I help most with my services. Knowing store owners are on a budget, I've packaged everything a owner needs to learn about their competitors, websites, audience to grow and convert. See it here: chemist.agency/product/personalized-ecomm-report/

Make it great Zakary!

-Robert (project feed: twitter.com/rztoler)

0 Likes