Facebook ads targeting

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, I'd like to know if I can target people who visited a certain website on the internet. For exemple let's say I'm selling shoes, can I target people who visited Nike's page in the last "x" days? If not, does anyone know a workaround?
I'm using Facebook ads btw, but if you think that there's a better platform that can do that, i'm open.
Finally, do you think this idea is a good way to target audiences? For exemple, if I sold shoes I'd tend to say that people who visited a page that sells shoes are the perfect audience for me. What do you think? +I don't think I can find any good targeting to my audience in my niche.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 3

No, you cannot target users that visited another website. You can target users that hare an affinity to certain things (running, exercise, etc). and even those that have an interest in brands (ie:nike). Do you have an email list of past customers? You can also target your customers based on their emails and also reate look a like audiences based on yoru customer file to find similar people. 

Hope that helps.

Steve

PromoPrep.com : Intuitive Promotion Planning Software
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 1

For Facebook, the closest you are going to get to other site's visitors is using Interest-Based Targeting. 

If you look in the detailed targeting part of an adset setup, you'll find you can type terms like Nike (and more) for people that have an interest in those pages or sites.  You can get super detailed with it!

Get Facebook and Google Ads That Convert at DropkickAds.com!
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

When I think of Nike I don't just think of shoes or running shoes. The brand covers many products from footballs to yoga pants.

If you are selling running shoes you can target popular FB pages like RunnersWorld

Just type RunnersWorld in the Detailed targeting box when building an adset an you will see the options. Some are country specific.

FB pages targeted to your niche might be a better option. The pages do need a certain amount of engagement to appear in the targeting box.

You can also try and find more specific pages from Nike like https://www.facebook.com/AirMax/

Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
65 0 2

Yes, @Steve, @Dropkick and @ShopGenius are right. When you are using Facebook Ads Manager, you can at most select people who like Nike, Running or a product like AirMax. It's interest-based and you can do it in Detailed Targeting.

I believe there is a large number of people who are interested in sport shoes. But they may not reveal it by liking Nike or Adidas page. I go running each week regularly but I never like Nike or Adidas page (I bought their products too). 

Also, like @ShopGenius, Nike is a large brand. There is a large variety of products under Nike like yoga, tee, sport accessories, etc. If someone visited "Nike" website in the last X days, does it mean that he will be interested in your shoes? I will doubt the logic here. 

Currently, we are researching a new ad-retargeting solution called socialport.io. You can share any content on any platform with our URL shortener. When somebody clicks the link, he will be retargeted. In this way, you can build your custom audience before buying ad. 

We've seen that many store owners are driving traffics with ad but no sale is made. Our solution can save your ad dollar and increase ad conversion rate. 

Please let me know if it sounds working for you. I can give you free trial for beta testing. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

You can try our ad retargeting product, socialport.io to build your custom audience before paying ad.

With Socialport.io, you can add Facebook Pixel to any page even if the page belongs to a 3rd party. With more customer data, you can make better ad-buy decisions.

For example, you find an article about Best Nike Running Shoes: the Definitive Guide 2018. You can generate a link like this: https://socialport.io/dfdjvt (with Facebook Pixel embedded). Share it across anywhere. when a user clicks the link, he will be tracked by Pixel.

We can offer you a free trial if you are interested.

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

You can try our ad retargeting product, socialport.io to build your custom audience before paying ad.

With Socialport.io, you can add Facebook Pixel to any page even if the page belongs to a 3rd party. With more customer data, you can make better ad-buy decisions.

For example, you find an article about Best Nike Running Shoes: the Definitive Guide 2018. You can generate a link like this: https://socialport.io/dfdjvt (with Facebook Pixel embedded). Share it across anywhere. when a user clicks the link, he will be tracked by Pixel.

We can offer you a free trial if you are interested.

0 Likes