Facebook traffic has dropped

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
17 0 4

Hi all,

Recently I have noticed that my paid facebook ads are generating lower traffic than before. I was wondering if anybody else here has noticed something similar with their store which could mean that there has been a change in facebook's algorithms. If not, then this is probably temprorary

Thanks

Dress your attitude
0 Likes
12 0 0

I have been running Facebook ads for my website continuously for many weeks now. There are a few days where the traffic seems to die down. However, it does pick up in a few days. If you are facing issues with low traffic for more than a few days, you should connect with Facebook support for clarification. 

I really doubt it has something to do with an algorithm change as we cannot expect a constant stream of traffic on from these ads on a daily basis. There are bound to be fluctuations. No need to worry about them. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
17 0 4

Joy hi,

Thanks for your reply.

That's what I hope as well because currently I have almost doubled my daily budget and I still get less traffic than what I was getting before. I will wait to see how traffic will evolve over the weekend.

The thing is that as far as I know facebook does not offer customer support as google does. You have to post publicly on their forum and wait for someone to reply there (fb expert or user)

Dress your attitude
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
130 0 12

Let's consider it is like a funnel

People see your Facebook ads > people click your ads > visit your site

So that, from the Facebook ad metric's point of view:

Impression > (click rate) > Click  > Traffic

If traffic is down, try to define it is because IMPRESSION is down or CLICK RATE is down. If the impression is down, reason can be budget or Facebook ads delivery (so it is temporary). Keep track, if this situation lasts for long, I recommend you change your strategy (because Facebook changes their delivery method). Target broader then retarget on people who interact with your ads. So much targeting layers can limit the impression volume

If it is because of Click rate, try to improve your ads, your ads may not be attractive enough. Sometimes, click rate may affect your impression, because you have to pay more to reach to targeted people.

If the click volume is still ok but traffic goes down, I think it is related to your site's loading speed. If users leave too soon, before your pages finish loading, these clicks can not be counted in traffic volume. Test your page loading speed with Google Page Speed insight, it will suggest what you should do to improve page speed.

Hope this help

Download free Shopify theme: https://www.sellersmith.com/pages/sellersmith-free-themes
0 Likes