Facebooks Ads Converted but then it stopped ?

Inscribe_Wallet
1 0 1

For the last few weeks we've been doing well with FB ads. We've been getting 2-5 Pre-Orders a day. We were making more than we were spending. We then increased our ad budget and saw a decline in orders and in the last week all we got was 1 sale. 

We have no idea what is going on. According to google analytics all our numbers are the same. Bounce rate is bellow 5% and still is. Our relevance for the ads are still at 10. We are still getting the same amount of traffic. 

I was not able to find any topics related to this specific situation so here I am hoping one of you have come across this situatuon and found a possible solution? 

Thanks for your input in advance. Any ideas are welcome. 

Luis_Morales2
Shopify Partner
58 0 11

Hey Salem,

Depending on the size of your audience and how you optimized it, the issue can be that Facebook has already served your ad to the people most likely to convert within your audience. This tends to happen but if your audience is large this shouldn't occur that fast.

Did you change anything else in your campaigns? By how much did you increase your ad spend?

There's a lot of variables that can be affecting sales.

To Your Success,

Luis Morales - luis@luisemorales.com

0 Likes
Luis_Morales2
Shopify Partner
58 0 11

Hey Salem,

Depending on the size of your audience and how you optimized it, the issue can be that Facebook has already served your ad to the people most likely to convert within your audience. This tends to happen but if your audience is large this shouldn't occur that fast.

Did you change anything else in your campaigns? By how much did you increase your ad spend?

There's a lot of variables that can be affecting sales.

To Your Success,

Luis Morales - luis@luisemorales.com

0 Likes
Adele1
Explorer
57 0 18

I agree with Luis. It might be that your perfect audience already purchased in your store.

Try to make a test purchase and see if the user experience is still perfect. It might be that something changed in your store and you didn't noticed it.
You can try to keep your conversion at the same rate by introducing a social proof to your site. You got some orders already so it should work. Try out the recent sales pop app, which will show your new customers some orders from old customers. Get it here.

In web commerce, there are a lot of factors to take into account. It might also be some outside factor. Like a weather change or something else.
Maybe you got a competitor who is selling same items at a lower price?

Adele
0 Likes
Akanksha
Excursionist
42 0 6

This may be due to people getting exposed to your ads more often. You can confirm this with the "Frequency" metric.

Try a different audience altogether to run the same Ad. If at the moment, you are running ads to a customized audience, then try retargeting. Retargeting generally sees a better conversion as these people have a proper context. I see that there’s no pixel on your website. The first step will be to place a Facebook pixel on your website, collect audience and then start targeting them. 

Since the relevance score is 10, trying the same Ad on different audiences will help you maximize the ROI.

If changing audience is not feasible, try changing the products on advert or run a promo/discount code. I noticed that you have a blog. Advertise those articles for brand awareness. And after you’ve run the articles for a while, you can go back to product ads with conversion as objective. 

That’s what we are doing at OrangeTwig. We have articles on marketing that we think would be very helpful to our target audience. So for any audience, we first run an awareness campaign with those articles and then once the audience is warmed up to our brand, we run product ads with conversions or traffic as an objective.  

I mentioned retargeting earlier. If you’re planning to do that, then you’ll have to pay some attention on the organic traffic on your website as well. OrangeTwig can help you with that part. Essentially, you’ll be able to automate posts that promote your products, discounts and coupons. And all these posts will be in attractive designs with professionally written copy. Here are some sample designs: 

You can learn more about OrangeTwig here.  

In addition to product posts, different types of content is essential for growing social media audience and website traffic. Remember Social Media is responsible for over 30% of referral traffic to website. Q-rator, OrangeTwig’s upcoming feature, will help automate posting content of all types on social media. You can learn more about Q-rator here

Retargeting combined with new product ads should definitely help you see more conversions. 

Happy advertising :)

Akanksha 

https://goo.gl/iyAqha
0 Likes
M_1
Tourist
8 0 1

I've personally seen saturation happen on facebook after about 2 weeks (but that is probably dependent on your audience size and spend).

I wanted to ask, when you modified the budget, you said traffic stayed the same? That's odd. Have you tried dialing it back to original levels to see what happens? Did CTR on your ads stay the same?

0 Likes
M_1
Tourist
8 0 1

Sorry for the duplicate, hit a server error on the site.

Lester_Wilson
Shopify Partner
2 0 3

I'm going to be very blunt,and please don't be offended,

"SHUT UP!"

Stop wasting your time and money on Facebook ads,,,.

Look into the forum and read the topic I've just created for you guys.

And it's 100%FREE!!!!

Reason,I am tired of people talking about things they have no clue about.

And if you think I don't know what I'm talking about.

Just Google my name,or visit Linkedin,and checkout my profile.

under Lester e.a.Wilson

Traffic is what I do daily in my company..

But I've decided to give away,a free method to you guys.

"LEARN HOW TO GENERATE TRAFFIC,AND YOU CAN WRITE YOUR OWN PAY CHECK!"

Taurian_Belle
Excursionist
28 0 4
Been in business for many years., not a day that we go zero in sales., not a day. All of a sudden sales stopped coming in and no emails from our customers as well which is really odd. Contacted Shopify and they won’t even acknowledge. Shopify is manipulating our script so we would get their apps or upgrade our plan or hire their expert to fix the mess that they themselves created., we should all be alarmed and make everyone aware of this. Post this I’m every social media and get ready to move your stores away from them and use other services.
0 Likes