Free post or charge post?

Team_PimpMyEyes
2 0 0

Hey guys!

we have always used "free express post on orders over $29" as a drawcard for our business. Its been good to us, but lately we have been having second thoughts looking at out competition.  Does "$40 with free express post" sound better than "$32.50 + $7.50 express post"?  I take into cosideration thing like looking at other websites you have to do a mock order to get the post price which involves 3-5 clicks but with ours you know on the spot. 

The question for us is, if there are 2 ads side by side, one says $32.50 and the next says $40 free post, which would you click on? Our business aims at a younger demographic so which one would influence the younger generations more? For me, i check out a few websites, get the post figures, do the math and buy from the cheapest. But does everyone do this? 

Cheers

0 Likes
Kraken42
Explorer
258 0 23

People are going to click on the $32.50 more but are they going to actually place the order when they see the postage or deal with the company again?

I bet the conversion rates for the $40 one would be higher although the click through rate might be lower.

0 Likes
Team_PimpMyEyes
2 0 0

Yep you are right, high conversion rate. We have a lot of return customers too which is good. 

0 Likes