GTM tags firing on pages but not showing any data in Google Analytics

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

First I was only using Google Analytics but it wasn't showing any data, no real-time visitors and wrong audience data as compared to Shopify data. Example, GA shows only 4 visitors whereas we have hundreds of visitors recorded in Shopify. This was happening despite Google Tag Assistant showing GA tag is present. So I decided to use Google Tag Manager. I checked that the tag is firing on all pages and yet it's still not showing any data in Google Analytics. I can't figure out what's wrong.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1051 61 124

Hi there Anj!

Don here from Shopify!

Sorry for the delay in getting to your post here.

The first thing I would check is to ask if this issue is still ongoing for you? There can often be a delay in data appearing in Google Analytics so I would expect to wait about 24 hours for any data from your store to populate there.

It would also be a good idea to double check that the correct property has been added to and verified with Google.

Finally, for now, I would check your Online store > Preferences menu to ensure that you don't have any extra scripts in place here that might be interfering with your Google Analytics integration.

If you can check out the above and let us know the status of your Analytics account currently that would be great.

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes