General Questions on Multi-Channel Sales / Marketing

Dan_Gilreath
Tourist
15 0 1

Hey there! I've been thinking alot lately about Multi-Channel sales (that is - hosting a ecommerce store on Shopify, and linking / having other marketplaces such as Pinterest, Wanelo, Amazon, etc). Every day there seem to be more marketplaces for us to list items on, and each wants you to promote your offering on thier respective platform.

So I guess my main question is this:

For those of you who do have a Shopify Store and are on other marketplaces, how do you promote those? Do you promote those marketplaces, or do you set them and forget them?

TL;DR - how do you manage all of the marketplaces that you belong to?

Bonus Question:

Which marketplaces, besides shopify, do you use? Have you seen better traction with one over another?

0 Likes
FinditQuick_Sho
Shopify Partner
143 0 13

Hi Dan,

Just to give you an idea of what we offer as a marketplace for shopify stores.

Once a merchant (shopify store) installs our app and uploads products to our marketplace, our system will sync with that store. As you add, update and delete products our system will know and make the adjustments.  So basically there is not really any work on the merchants part. Many other marketplaces do the same thing ;)   

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try Our Free Shopping App Today and Get Buyers To Your Store Free.  3 EASY CLICKS and your product listings can be uploaded and listed FREE on FinditQuick! NO CREDIT CARD NEEDED! Get your products in front of 30 million monthly active and engaged customers on FinditQuick. Try It Today! http://apps.shopify.com/finditquick

Try Our Free Shopping App Today and Get Buyers To Your Store Free. http://apps.shopify.com/finditquick 3 EASY CLICKS and your product listings can be uploaded and listed FREE on FinditQuick! NO CREDIT CARD NEEDED! Get your products in front of 30 million monthly active and engaged customers on FinditQuick. Try It Today! http://apps.shopify.com/finditquick
0 Likes
Dan_Gilreath
Tourist
15 0 1

Hi there!

I get that the platforms sync with Shopify and pass data back and forth, but I guess I was asking more along the lines of how to manage the marketing aspect for selling on different platforms.

Right now, I have my store synced with all the available "baked in" platforms of Shopify (facebook, twitter, etc) as well as on Fancy, Wanelo, Amazon and others.

Each wants us to "Market" that we are on their platform, but how do you do that without diluting your own webstore's presence? I mean, afterall the end goal is to process more sales through my own site/shopify so that I can manage the customer relation cycle (many of these platforms won't pass customer contact data along as to minimize the "spam content" which makes sense from thier perspective, but limits my own marketing (newlstters etc).

I know that make little sense...I guess I'm just grasping straws to a degree!

Dan

0 Likes
John_Bishop1
Shopify Partner
45 0 12

Hi Dan. Multi channel selling is sort of my thing, so I had to chime in here. It's a great question and the fact that you're asking it in the first place is a good sign. There are tons of sales channels outside of Shopify that I'm sure you're already aware of - eBay, Amazon, Overstock, Walmart, Pinterest, Facebook, Etsy, Sears, Newegg, OpenSky, Alibaba, etc. It's nearly endless.

My opinion is that you don't need to drive traffic to your products on the marketplaces. Let the marketplaces do that for you. What you should do, however, is make sure you are branding yourself as much as you possibly can on those marketplaces to drive some free traffic from curious shoppers. Shoppers might find your products on a marketplace, be curious enough to do some searches about your brand, and then end up on your Shopify store. There, you want them to learn more. If they buy on Shopify, great. If they return to the marketplace, that's ok too.

Alright. Now onto the task of deciding what channels or marketplaces to sell on. That's a matter of considering:

1) Whether your products are unique and/or how you differentiate them (quality, price, service, selection, etc) from the competition.

2) What customers you are trying to reach. (For example, if you sell golf equipment, considering Pinterest as a sales channel is pointless.)

3) Whether you have the time, patience, and attention to detail to manage product data across a bunch of different channels. It can be challenging.

With all of that said, e-commerce nowadays is a numbers game. You want as many products in as many places being shown to as many eyeballs as possible. Your Shopify store is the flagship sales channel, but it's only one piece of the entire business. Happy to discuss multi channel strategy in greater detail if you're interested.

Best of luck!

John Bishop | Four Six Commerce | john@foursixcommerce.com | 972-556-5113
0 Likes