Getting data out of the system

Ordnance_Group
10 0 0

I would like to get visit and sales data out of the system.  Daily would be best for me.  The data is reported but the only way I can see to get it is to transcribe by hand.  A CSV file will work, I can manipulate it in Excel or whatever.

Seems it should be straightforwad and I cannot imagine I am the first to ask.

Thoughts?

0 Likes
Leon_Henry1
Excursionist
126 0 10

Hi Ordnance Group, Leon from the community here,

Yes you shoud be able to do this buy going to the url

{Your store url]/admin/reports

select the report and click export at the top

But to have this on auto you wiill need to have a script on a server

if you need some help let me know

We have helped over 500 Shopify store clients worldwide this year with marketing and strategies, improving sales and conversions. Contact us if you wish to have the same professional business experience
0 Likes
Ordnance_Group
10 0 0

"script on a server" ?

Have no idea what that means.  There is also no "export" option.  I dont want summaries, I want raw data.

0 Likes
Leon_Henry1
Excursionist
126 0 10

Hi you woud need to write a script to run every night to extract the data via the API

this will have to be on a webserver (a website)  not the shopify store

We have helped over 500 Shopify store clients worldwide this year with marketing and strategies, improving sales and conversions. Contact us if you wish to have the same professional business experience
0 Likes
Ordnance_Group
10 0 0

Sorry, don't understand.  You mean to say that one cannot download data directly using the dashboard?

How does one go about writing the code and where specifically does it reside?

0 Likes
Leon_Henry1
Excursionist
126 0 10

If you understand php, ruby rail  or java see here (Using Shopify's API)

Https://help.shopify.com/api

0 Likes
Ordnance_Group
10 0 0

Sorry, no idea.  There is no intrinsic way to get at this data?

0 Likes
Graham_Grumley
Shopify Partner
17 0 14

Hi,

I can't help on exporting out your Visit data, but as regards getting the Sales data:

In the Admin panel, press the Orders option that is on the left of the screen to go to: yourstore.myshopify.com/admin/orders.

Top right of that screen, press the Export button. That will give you the opportunity to export out your sales data in CSV format. Once in Excel, it will be easy to manipulate.

Regards,

Graham

0 Likes