Google Ads Conversion Tracking (Quantity)

14 0 0

Hello Community,

is it possible to track the quantity of product via Google Ads in Shopify?
Right now, if someone places an order it just adds one conversion - even if he orders the product 5 times at once.
The conversion setting in Google Ads is on "tracking each conversion". The snippet in the checkout looks like this:

<!-- Event snippet for Produktkauf conversion page -->
<script>
gtag('event', 'conversion', {
'send_to': 'AW-XXX',
'value': {{ checkout.subtotal_price | money_without_currency | replace: ',', '.' }},
'currency': '{{ shop.currency }}',
'transaction_id': '{{ order.order_number }}'
});
</script>

Thanks!

0 Likes

There is no way to do this. All ad platforms will show you the number of transactions and never the quantity.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes

Hey Christian,

Why are you trying to do this? Order quantity is not used at all in Google Ads.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
Highlighted
14 0 0

This was a request from my boss.
I know it is not used in Google Ads. A lot of our products is not about the value but about the quantity so my I just wanted to check if I can put the ad spend in relation to the amount and not the single conversion.

0 Likes

Google Analytics is your answer to achieve this. Go to the ecommerce section of Google Analytics and then filter by google / cpc (presuming you have Google Ads and Google Analytics linked). By doing this, you will be able to see quantity driven from Google Ads. If you need these linked, you can refer to this chapter of my Google Shopping book. There's a tonne of other stuff in there that would also help with your shopping campaigns.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes