Google Ads conversion tracking for a button click on a page?

Highlighted
Tourist
40 0 0

I've built a custom page on a third-party app called PageFly. I've got two buttons on this page, one that take the visitor to a contact page on our site and another that takes them to a different website. How would I go about implementing conversion tracking on these two buttons please? Help would be appreciated!

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1777 111 330

Dear Eve_Davies,

Try these tracking through Google tag manager

Best Regards
MS Web Designer | MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
9.9/10 Customer Rating | 1000+ Happy Clients | 100% Satisfaction Or Money Back Guarantee
0 Likes
Highlighted

If you want to track a button click as a conversion, you can manually edit the button code to include Google Analytics event information. Setup a goal using that event then import it into Google Ads.

Google Tag Manager is generally a more code free way to do this but it can take some familiarizing to begin with. It can also protect your theme from accidental changes or updates that remove such customizations. LovesData have one of many guides on tracking button clicks through GTM.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
40 0 0

Hi Josh,

Thanks for this. Just wondered if you could help me clear some of this up. I'm using the guide you suggested to help which is great, only i'm struggling when it comes to step 2 in regards to finding the class or other identifier. I've followed all the steps to the best of my ability and previewed the tag, only to get no results so I must've gone wrong somewhere. I've used a third-party app to build the page I'm trying to implement tracking on, so I'm not sure whether the code is different or if I'm just missing something! 

Here's a screenshot of the section of code which includes the two buttons I'm trying to track clicks of. I took the class="xyz" section and used this as the trigger for ''click classes''. Would this be where I'm going wrong?

buttons code.PNG

Thanks

0 Likes