Google Ads see Malicious Code on several DELETED apps

Highlighted

Hi There, 

it has been difficult work with Google Ads ... 

I had a similar issue one year ago and now its back again 

Try to run several Ads ... and ALL is disapproved because Google see Malicious code in my store ...

When I ask to point me  the BAD code I got a list like :

I do not know what plenilec is ..
Funify app has been deleted from store more than month ago ..

Does anybody have faced something similar and found a solution ?
Best Regards 

William Alencar
GoodFy Labs
Brazilian Shopify Experts
Getting Satisfied Customers around the World
1 Like
Highlighted

That's a strange issue!

First, it's a good idea to be careful with installing apps. It sounds like they made changes to your theme when you installed them, and didn't remove the code when they were uninstalled.

Can you give a link to the page you're trying to advertise? Someone here can look at the code to at least see what's being included.

But, I guess the important thing is that you need to find a way to remove some of that code from your theme. Some of it may not be malicious, but Google may see some of those files as including scripts from a "dynamic" source and rejecting it for that alone.

Want to increase conversions or get more social media attention? Try Brisa Video Creator to quickly and easily create videos that engage your viewers!
1 Like
Highlighted

@AndrewWalters wrote:

That's a strange issue!

First, it's a good idea to be careful with installing apps. It sounds like they made changes to your theme when you installed them, and didn't remove the code when they were uninstalled.

Can you give a link to the page you're trying to advertise? Someone here can look at the code to at least see what's being included.

But, I guess the important thing is that you need to find a way to remove some of that code from your theme. Some of it may not be malicious, but Google may see some of those files as including scripts from a "dynamic" source and rejecting it for that alone.

Thanks per reply @AndrewWalters  ... that is the point ... I have checked all the liquid code and there is no reference to the links that Google present. If App let some code behind was in the back end of Shopify ...

The landing page of the add is : beautylet.com.br/collections/baims for example ..

Thanks in advance 

William Alencar
GoodFy Labs
1 Like
Highlighted

Ah, that's very weird! I looked at the page - there's a *lot* in the source so if they were doing something malicious, it could be easy to hide. But I also looked at the network requests and didn't see anything obvious from those sites (it's possible I overlooked it).

But my guess is that it's a different issue (that's not so scary). Is it possible Google cached the page and it's going from that? Maybe it says it scanned the page at a certain date and found the issue. I know Google support isn't good, but reaching out to them might help.

Want to increase conversions or get more social media attention? Try Brisa Video Creator to quickly and easily create videos that engage your viewers!
1 Like
Highlighted

Look into your Google Search Console reports for any "security" issues or other warnings. GSC can report similar malicious warnings and provide you details.

Is your store favorita-beauty.myshopify.com?

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
1 Like
Highlighted

@Josh_Uebergang wrote:

Look into your Google Search Console reports for any "security" issues or other warnings. GSC can report similar malicious warnings and provide you details.

Is your store favorita-beauty.myshopify.com?

Hi @Josh_Uebergang  yes ... that is the store I am managing ... thanks per the hint about Search Console ...

I will check there 

William Alencar
GoodFy Labs
0 Likes