Google Adwords retargeting and/or Facebook retargetting? and a couple other questions

Highlighted
Tourist
19 0 1

Hi everyone,

I am new to Google Adwords, but have been doing Facebook marketing for a while for our store www.orlinas.com.

I have the following questions:

1. From your experience, which type of retargeting campaign is more effective with higher ROI? Do stores need to setup both Facebook retargeting and Google Adwords retargeting? It seems that Googe Adwords retargeting will target all website visitors anyway, can we just use Google retargeting soley to do the retargeting? It seems to me that Google Adwords retargeting can include both the visitor bringing in from Google and FB, so it is easier just use one type of retargeting?

2. From your experience, which of Google Adwords and Facebook campgains are more effective? We are able to bring hundreds clicks with low CPC from Adwords but it seems that the conversion is low. We used to have high conversion from FB, however, it has been posing a lot of difficuty recently.

3. As for Google Adwords campaign, my understanding is we can do search, display and shopping campaigns, then add the dynamic retargeting. However, from your experience, which of search, display and shopping campaigns is the most effective one?

Thank you so much and any suggestion or advice is well welcomed.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Facebook retargeting is a lot more powerful with volume. However, that doesn't mean you don't do AdWords retargeting. You'll still get a good ROI with AdWords retargeting provided you target intelligently. For my clients, a good default for AdWords is to target 1-7 days and create another 8-30 days using audience and audience exclusions. Then you can target more specific valuable audiences if they exceed the list size requirements of 100 like abandoned cart, page views greater than 5, time on site exceeds 240 seconds, etc.

Shopping campaigns will work the best for most advertisers who don't have an in-depth technical understanding of AdWords. Search campaigns can perform as well as shopping, but to set them up to do so requires an advanced understanding of the platform. The attractive power of "remarketing" or rather working with the audience list is you can create bid modifiers on any campaign to go more aggressively after them. You can also create campaigns like RLSA to broaden your search terms that you wouldn't otherwise go after.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
19 0 1

Hi Joshua, thank you so much for the reply. Google shopping campaign and facebook campaign, which one is more cost effective per your experience?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Good Question.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
19 0 1

Thank you so much for the information, it resolves a lot of my puzzle. I have downloaded your PDF and will contact you further for details.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
19 0 1

Hi Joe, thanks for the info. We used Shoelace before and yes the review push is nice. We've found that it is getting harder on FB since the end of last year no matter how we tweet the FB campaigns, so it is nice to hear that the Google retargeting still has decent ROI. I haven't heard of " Perfect Audient" and will definitely give it a try.

How to try on Bing?

We've been marketing on FB soley for a long time. It is a big lesson for us not to relay on just one marketing channel. Diversifying the marketing channels is paramount I think. For me, FB has been constantly changing algorithm and, comparing to Google Adwords, is less reliable and consistent.

Your thought?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
525 35 107

Ya I agree diversifying is a must.

I don't have an app recommendation for Bing, or much experience... it was a half joke but I'm sure people make money on Bing I wouldn't rule it out.

The key is to always be experimenting and trying new channels, and see what works for your brand. Once you unlock a positive ROI channel/campaign, pump it up and put the majority of budget there, while still experimenting in other places to stay ahead of the curve.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
I also build custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
19 0 1

Thank you so much for the input. Although we have a freelancere doing the marketing for us, it is still a lot for us to digest and learn.

Thanks again

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Liz, I can understand that. If you need any help then feel free to ping me. I will be more than happy to help you out. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
56 0 3

Hey Liz! Cool store. You can't beat a great bra, or so I've been told ;)

You've asked a good question about digital marketing here. Wanted to offer my $0.02

In our experience working withn ecommerce companies, the key is avoid wasting significant expenditure. One way to do so is with efficient structure.

Before you actually start running Adwords campaigns, it’s essential to consider any and all factors that your company can exploit and build from within the market to differentiate.

A few foundational questions worth asking are:

• What are your three undeniable goals?
  • What are your best selling product lines?
  • How does seasonality affect their performance?
  • What is your past history of SEM performance?
  • How has the competitive landscape shifted since your company launched?
  • How much budget do you have to compete with other businesses in your vertical

We wrote a long post about this called "The ROI of Structure," and it may be useful for ya: https://bit.ly/2JxA2zJ

Good luck to ya!

CEO of Metric Digital @ www.metricdigital.com
0 Likes