Google Analytics Error

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

Has anyone gotten the "Missing Ecommerce Data" error on google analytics and if so how did you fix it? thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 84

Hey, Rachael!

Savannah here from Shopify. :) 

This error commonly comes up when you've just recently set up Google Analytics but haven't received any orders yet. Is that the case? If so, I would recommend running a test transaction, and then checking for that error again. 

If that doesn't do the trick, try taking a look at this doc and making sure that you've followed each step correctly.

Let me know how that goes or if you're still seeing the error!

Savannah | Social Care
support@shopify.com

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

Yes i have had a couple of sales and still getting the error. I read the document that you provided previously but the Shopify documents/instructions dont say to add the ecommerce plugin. All I saw was to add the google analytics tracking code and then make sure you turn on ecommerce in admin in GA. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

The most common reason for this error is a small amount of sales. You'll probably get the warning if you haven't had a sale in a week or even a shorter period of time then that. If the order is processed via draft orders, that is not pushed in GA and would contribute to a longer period of no sales according to GA.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
2 Likes