Google Analytics and FB Pixel not tracking sales properly

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi!

I've FB Pixel and GA installed in my Shopify Store, but it's not tracking the sales correctly!

If I go to my GA: Conversions > eCommerce > Overview
I see only 1 sale:

Which is the same sale that I see in my FB Pixel:

But I got three other sales later, that is showing only in my Shopify Analytics:

Here is the difference between the order that appear on my FB Pixel+GA (green one) and the ones that doesn't show up.

The GA, Tag Manager, Pixel and enhanced eCommerce is all installed:

The store is:
https://mavstore2.myshopify.com

Can someone help me? I have no idea of what is happening here and why some orders is not showing.

Thanks guys!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 18 150

Hey Marcus,

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify. ?

Since I don't have any access to your Facebook ad account or Google Analytics account, it's difficult for me to determine what may be affecting your data. 

The best place to get help with the Facebook Pixel is the Facebook Help Centre. In particular, make sure you follow all of the instructions to set up Custom Conversions as the Pixel doesn't track orders by default. 

This Google doc goes over some common tracking mistakes with Google Analytics.

One thing that could potentially affect your tracking results is if your customer paid by Paypal or another external gateway. They leave your website to visit the payment gateway to make payment. Ideally, they should return to your website to see the Checkout/Thank you page. If they close their browser before returning to your website, it won't be tracked as an order by either FB Pixel or GA.

Your Shopify Analytics section is the best place to get reliable data on where your traffic and orders are coming from. 

I hope this is helpful. Let me know if you have more questions. 

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks Aria!

0 Likes