Google Analytics ecommerce without shipping?

13 0 0

Hello,

as Google Analytics is simply connected via the UA ID the admin console in Shopify:
In my ecommerce reports in Google Analytics the shipping costs are included in the amount.
But I would like to exclude them or at least only show them included when needed so I can see the true value.

How and where do I have to set this up?

Thanks, Christian

0 Likes

Making this happens really depends on how you calculate shipping right now. Do you charge a flat rate or s shipping based on how much someone spends. The best option might be making a custom rule to remove shipping costs before they come into GA but this won't allow you to see revenue with and without shipping when you want. 

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes
13 0 0

Thanks for your help!
Right now we only have two variants: domestic and overseas. 
I am not sure if it possible to have one data view (in GA) with the filter and one view without when toggling between is not possible.

Do you have any hint where I can find information how to set up the rule you have described? Or how so you manage this in your shop.
Just subtracting the shipping costs when looing at data in GA?

0 Likes

That is the problem, once you remove data from Google Analytics, you can not get it back into Google Analytics. There is no easy way to have one Property show costs with shipping and another without shipping.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes
Highlighted

Christian, you cannot edit past data pushed into Google Analytics. But if you have two products serving domestic and overseas audiences separately, you can use segments to separate out people who buy one product and people who buy another. A simpler version though for you could be to create segments based off geographic region. Segments do not alter historical data, but it lets you slice and dice existing data to include/exclude data for analysis.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes