Google Analytics setup for multi language shop

Shopify Partner
16 0 0

Hello,

I can't understand how to set up Google Analytics for multi subdomain shop.

I am using Langify to support 3 languages on different subdomains:

www.elvistudio.ee - Estonian

ru.elvistudio.ee - Russian and

en.elvistudio.ee - English

I have one GA account and one property set for www.elvistudio.ee.

I tried to add new properties for ru. and en. but GA generates new tracking code (-1, -2 etc.) but Shopify supports only one tracking code.

Thank you for the help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
16 0 0

anyone?:)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
23 0 16

We are running into the same issue. All sales will be attributed to checkout.shopify.com. And most traffic willl be listed as referrals.

Cross domain tracking would be good, but that isn't something Langify can cope with I think?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
16 0 0

I have found article which seems to be useful in my case (for subdomains):

http://www.ericmobley.net/guide-to-tracking-multiple-subdomains-in-google-analytics/

I set up my GA this way and will monitor the next copule of days.

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hello Alyaksandr , where you able to solve this ? I'm facing the exact same issue

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
16 0 0

Mike,

i followed instructions from the article above and now i can monitor all three subdomains separately,

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

But in my case there are all not subdomains, I have a localiztion domain .ae & .com, how would I implement it ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
11 0 0

Hey Abdullah

i am running into the same problem. Did you manage to solve it?

Would be interesting to know how you did it.

Best

Paul

0 Likes
Highlighted

If you're using the Langify app, so you're under the one Shopify store, you want to use the same tracking ID, which means the same Analytics Property.

Setup a view for each sub-domain (country) that you have. Then adjust your filters to fit so that the corresponding views contain data only for that country. My Shopify Analytics guide has directions to do this.

You likely do not have to do anything with cross-domain tracking because the cookies are carried across from the primary domain to the sub-domains.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
1 Like