Google Customer Reviews

3 0 0

Bump. I need an answer for this, and ideally info on integration too please, Shopify.

0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 1

Hello,

This is what I got from google merchant centre: "Before getting started, verify that you've completed the integration requirements for the opt-in. Your shopping basket and check-out pages must be hosted on the same domain, the confirmation page must be hosted on your own domain and <!DOCTYPE HTML> must be added to the top of every webpage. " 

I think google reviews integration with shopify is not going to happen soon because of the requirement stated above. I would love to see if shopify has a solution to bypass or comply this requirement.

Cheers

Steven

1 Like
Tourist
10 0 13

Google Trusted Stores has been retired.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
152 0 11

Hi, Matthew et al!

Martha, again. 

At this time, we don’t have any plans to integrate with Google Customer Reviews.

As Joshua mentioned, Google Trusted Stores was integrated into some shops using an app

One thing I would suggest is if this new feature is something that you are hoping to integrate with your shop, let us know how it will benefit you/ your business to have it enabled, and we can pass this information along to the Developers for review. This is best done by sending the details of your request over email so we can record and analyze the need.

Based on the information described by Kaichi, particularly saying modifications need to be made to the checkout page, this gives me a bit of pause for the ease of integration. 

Best, 
Martha

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

If you are on Shopify Plus, you can integrate with Google Customer reviews. The reason it is Plus only, is due to the fact the domain of the checkout has to be the same as that registered in your Merchant Center. Adding your custom domain to checkout is currently a Plus-only feature.

We are happy to do the integration for a low one-off fee for anyone on Plus. Get in touch at hello@pixelcabin.io

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
21 0 4

@Matthew @Laura @katelyn @max @Reyvuhn 

Hello, Friends as mentioned by @Joshua, our app Google Customer Reviews has been successfully working for stores. You can try it. 

Even for Plus Plan Stores also, it just a small one-time fee and for Non-Plus Stores, we are providing 14 days trial period to make sure it is working for your store. 

CEO @ Simprosys InfoMedia, Developers of Bing Shopping Feed and Google Trusted Store Apps for Shopify Stores.
0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 13

@Amit

Based on Googles statement 'Your shopping basket and check-out pages must be hosted on the same domain, the confirmation page must be hosted on your own domain' your app cannot work with Google Customer Reviews on any Shopify stores that are not on the 'Plus' plan... suggesting that your app can bypass this on non-shopify plus stores is a con.

Also, looking at your apps recent feedback, since the 'Google Customer Reviews' program was started, it looks as if your app doesn't work with the new 'Google Customer Reviews'...

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 3

Would love this function. I've just embeded all of the code but then found out that this isnt actually possible due to the fact that the shopping basket and checkout are not on the same domain. Please build this in like you can on Shopify Plus (have already submitted the request)

It would prove such good value for customers knowing which stores they can trust and it encourages shopify merchants to provide great service

1 Like
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I talked to the Shopify support team and we just implemented the code at Admin > Settings > Checkout > Order Processing > Additional Scripts

I just put it in now, so I'll report back maybe 48 hours from now to see if there are any updates to my PLAs

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
25 0 2

Hello all, 

we have just released an app into Beta called  "easy Google Customer Reviews" which aims to address this very issue (checkout domain is different to the store domain). It is currently queued in the app approval process, but the app is fully functional and takes less than a minute to set-up if you'd like to give it a try.

easy Google Customer Reviews Shopify App (for all Shopify plans)

Please let us know via the in-app support function if you need any assistance or if there are features you need adding.

Apps for Shopify Merchants
0 Likes