Google Customer Reviews

Matthew_Petrie
Tourist
10 0 14

Will Shopify be supporting 'Google Customer Reviews'?

0 Likes
Max_old
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
148 0 15

Hi, Matthew!

This is Martha from the Shopify Team.

If you are looking for some reviews to be added to your site and Google ranking, App Reviews would be a good option. This free app helps you include SEO-friendly review scores appear on Google, it does take some time for Google to crawl and update your reviews, but I have seen this be very successful for merchants using our platform.

Here's our help doc all about how to integrate App Reviews into your store and additional customization steps are listed here as well. 

I would also suggest reading up on the Google Merchant Center docs about getting started with reviews on their service. This FAQ should be a good jumping off point.

If you have any further questions or need some clarification, please feel free to reach out to us again, you can also email us at support@shopify.com!

Best, 
Martha

0 Likes
Matthew_Petrie
Tourist
10 0 14

Dear Martha, 

Thank you for your reply.

The above doesn't answer my question as from what I understand I can't use 'Google Customer Reviews' unless Shopify supports it on its checkout?

Best wishes,

Matthew

0 Likes
Doug7
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I'm interested in this too.  The Shopify "Product Reviews" app looks good, but it's nice to have options. Also, I like using Google products.

Martha's correct in saying that Google Customer Reviews is managed through Google Merchant Center, and Matthew's correct in saying more needs to be done within the code on Shopify sites.

The Google Merchant Center help file called Integrate the survey opt-in module discusses what needs to be done.

I'm interested in know if the code can be added in the following location:
From your Shopify admin, click Settings, and then click Checkout. Find the Order processing section. Near the bottom of this section you will find Additional content & scripts.

Order details would need to be added to the code dynamically for this to work.

Does this have the possibility of working?

Best regards,

Doug

0 Likes
Laura_Belmar
1 0 3

Hi Martha,

I'm also looking for an answer to this question. Google is abandoning it's "Google Trusted Stores" program in favor of "Google Customer Reviews." So What Matthew is referring to isn't just adding reviews to a site and making them crawlable by Google. This is an official Google program, not a general SEO question.

I'd love to learn how to integrate Google Customer Reviews into our Shopify site ASAP!

Are you able to connect us with some specific resources regarding this program?

Thank you,

laura

I have used this app for my AdWords clients who are not on Shopify Plus with good success https://apps.shopify.com/google-trusted-store-1

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
Katelyn_Prendi1
Tourist
16 0 2

Would also like an answer to this question!

0 Likes
Johnny16
Shopify Partner
18 0 0

Yes, I would also like an answer to this. Google emailed me telling me how to get started with the programme. I've started it now and I've come across their Opt-In Integration code.

It says to "add the code snippet below to your order confirmation page and customise the variables as needed." And then it shows the variables in the code in red. I will list them below. Can someone tell me what the corresponding Shopify variables are?

"ORDER_ID",
"CUSTOMER_EMAIL",
"COUNTRY_CODE",
          "estimated_delivery_date": "YYYY-MM-DD"
0 Likes
Julian_Blok
3 0 0

I also am looking for an answer to this question, I'm in Australia and have just received an email saying that Customer Reviews are now available in Australia... very important I think we all would agree hoping Martha can help and address the question directly?

0 Likes
Reyvuhn_Style
1 0 0

Also looking for help on this...

0 Likes