Google Display Customer List Remarketing

Uri3
Shopify Partner
55 0 1

I'm trying to set up Google Dynamic Remarketing. The goal is to track visitors (not purchasers) who land on the home page and retarget them as a custom list via Adwords Dynamic Remarketing. 

So, I know the steps of how to set up and implement, but for whatever reason, my list is still showing 0 people (2 weeks later). Because the list is 0, it isn't serving any impressions. I have placed the tag on the Home Page, not the product page, but to my understanding we only need to place it on the home theme.liquid file.

I have already translated some of the original code to liquid code, but curious to see if anyone can help out debug the issue. 

The code created is as follows:

"

<!-- Google Code for Remarketing Tag -->

<!--------------------------------------------------

Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup

--------------------------------------------------->

<script type="text/javascript">

var google_tag_params = {

ecomm_prodid: 'shopify_US_{{ product.id }}_{{ product.variants.first.id }}',

ecomm_pagetype: '{{ template }}',

ecomm_totalvalue: {{ product.price_min | money_without_currency | remove: ',' }}

};

</script>

<script type="text/javascript">

/* <![CDATA[ */

var google_conversion_id = 993701698;

var google_custom_params = window.google_tag_params;

var google_remarketing_only = true;

/* ]]> */

</script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="//www.googleadservices.com/pagead/conversion.js">

</script>

<noscript>

<div style="display:inline;">

</body>

</html>"

My questions are:

1) Is there anything wrong with the code? Any additions/subtractions that need to be made?

2) Was I correct in placing on the home page, not the product pages? 

Thanks in advanced for your responses!

Best,

UW. 

0 Likes
Abith
Shopify Partner
11 0 2

Hi Uri,

You need to place remarketing codes on every page. You can create custom lists at adwords dashbord.

But in your case, Dynamic targeting does not require custom lists.

You'll also need to tag with custom parameters. here is the adwords support page: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3124536?hl=en

Hope that helps!

AdWords Expert - Google Partner - Get a Free AdWords Audit: www.ppctheory.com
0 Likes
Uri3
Shopify Partner
55 0 1

Hey Abith; 

Thanks for your reply. So in addition to adding the code in theme.liquid, I need to add it into the product.liquid?  I've already added the custom parameters and the tag is verified firing + validating with my product in merchant center. There's still a disconnect somewhere as I am still seeing 0 impressions under my retargeting campaigns. 

I'd like to chat further, can you reach out to me at Uriweinber@gmail.com

Best,

Uri 

0 Likes
Abith
Shopify Partner
11 0 2

I've sent an email.

Regards,

Abith

AdWords Expert - Google Partner - Get a Free AdWords Audit: www.ppctheory.com
0 Likes