Mobile test shows errors when crawling:
Pulno shows no unique content on your homepage:
Try to run a mobile test yourself and see if it works
Yes, I suppose I do. I recently cleaned up my theme of old apps and then I guess I filled the vacuum with new bells and whistles;)
I was unable to get that mobile test to work after disabling some stuff but I reverted to my previous theme version and it worked. I unwisely made a few tweaks since this latest theme version but I should be able to retrace my steps.
Thank you Jacek, that was super helpful. It's great to find that there is an actual problem that I can solve. And I'm learning a lot!
I've actually not been able to get the mobile test to work again, even when reverting to a brand new theme so perhaps it is app related or the there is some time delay on the test having access to theme changes.
Anyway, between the Pulno test and a Pingdom test I did this morning, I have a lot of info and lots of problems to work with;)
I did try to remove an app that was indicated as having a redirect issue when I was able to get the mobile test to work. Doing so removed all the body and header content from my website. Not sure if that is related to the Pulno test saying that I do not have unique content. I'm trying to sort that with the app developer.
Still not able to get the google tests to work but I now have a BIG CLUE. I tested my url at technicalseo.com and got a more informative error:
However, I cannot find his redirect. I checked navigation section in admin, my hosts cpanel, theme code, and the easy redirect app.
You could try turning this app off and rerunning this test to see if the redirect clears.
Another thing I noticed which might be causing issues... Mail Munch has a noindex tag on it, which is showing up in your source code. Although it is in an iframe, it is possible this is being crawled and read to remove the page from the index. If turning off the redirect plugin does not work, I would look at turning off Mail Munch to see if that helps.
Wow. I searched for noindex. I missed that. Thank you! Amazing how many moving parts there are.
I removed the redirect app and no joy but I'm happy to have done that anyway. Thank you. I hadn't been on top of that.
Also, one of the issue was that the Google error message is completely vague but I was able to get a more useful error from technicalseo.com which says my home page is redirecting to /cart/update which is blocking robots and I found code on my site from a currency switcher which includes: <form method="post" action="/cart/update" (oh I see that on the screenshot of the previous post) I'm waiting to hear back from the app.
Also, by following your lead and inspecting the page elements (I had previously just looked at page source and theme code), I see another hit for /cart/update related to another app. A free one that I like but once uninstalled and reinstalled, incurs a monthly charge. But it creates a lot of code all over my site;) and may have to go.
Hi Smeelah -
Looks like the home page is being indexed properly now!
Ha ha. I knew the blocking was gone but it hasn't occurred to me to check my listing on the search page.
So, it was the currency switcher. But it took a little convincing;) First they had me convinced that it wasn't the switcher and I went on to the next app that I was now convinced was the problem but they also said it was the switcher and provided me with the details that I could show the switcher developer.
I don't know if the switcher will be fixed and I am currently without multiple currency capability but I am now indexed! That feels great.
Thanks for all your help and also to Fera for some stellar customer service helping me figure out a problem that they did not cause:)