Google Merchant Center Suspended -- Untrustworthy Promotions

Highlighted
4 0 0

I've been running ads on Google for about 10 weeks with no issues. I woke up to an email this morning saying my account was suspended for the following:

Misrepresentation of self or product (Untrustworthy promotions)

UNTRUSTWORTHY PROMOTIONS (MISREPRESENTATION OF SELF OR PRODUCT)

My immediate thought was that I had neglected to update the coupon code advertised on my home page. The code was initially advertised through April; I've now fixed it and have it running through May. 

Other than that -- is there anything else specific I can be looking for that would be flagged as such? I know Google is notoriously tight-lipped about these things, and I also know that if my review doesn't look good the first time I request it, I'm likely to be banned for good. I want to make sure I address everything possible before Google reviews it. Any ideas?

I have to chuckle a bit in spite of this issue -- as a straight-A, everything-by-the-book person, being suspended for "untrustworthy" behavior is new for me. Hoping to fix whatever needs fixing to get back in G's good graces. Thanks in advance. 
0 Likes
Highlighted

What is your store link? Have seen several reasons this can happen. I suspect there is a price mismatch caused by currency switching. This is bypassing automatic filters that typically lead to only disapprovals.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
Highlighted

kindly provide the store link to analyze it in detail.

GET FREE PAYSTUB INSTANTLY > 1st default stub free worth $4.99
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Sorry! Here's the link:

https://sullyandrye.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted

okay, thanks for the link!

get back to you soon!

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thank you so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

I have had the same thing happen and I have had Simprosys and a Developer check my site and fix any issues they thought it could be.  Google will not give me any specific answer and I have tried chatting twice.  I now have no idea what they require.  I would like some help on this too please if I may.  I read that Google won't advertise dropshippers, is this correct?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted

Seems like ads visitor reported the ads and that may be the reason you got this "UNTRUSTWORTHY PROMOTIONS (MISREPRESENTATION OF SELF OR PRODUCT)" error message.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 4

Did you ever get this resolved? Looking online, many merchants are facing the same suspension reason since March.  We recently got the same suspension and are puzzled at what is the issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

No, I haven't yet. I'll update this thread if I end up finding a solution. 

0 Likes