Google Merchant Center declines products

Jason71
Pathfinder
97 0 30

Hey guys,

recently I installed the Google Shopping Shopify app. So far everything is connected very well but the Merchant Center keeps declining my products. The reason (what Merchant Center says) is that the "color" and "size" attribute is not defined.

But for example on this link: https://tinyurl.com/msqykka

The color is WHITE which IS defined in my option. Do you have any ideas how I can solve this problem and finally get me products accpeted? Also some on items like metal keychains it asks for COLOR attributes, how should I handle this?

Thank you in advance and best regards,

Jason

0 Likes
Savannah_F
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 92

Hey, there!

Savannah here from the Shopify Guru Team. :) 

As long as that item has a colour variant listed the way it is now, you shouldn't be getting that attribute error. Please let me know if you're still experiencing that issue! 

All apparel and accessories require you to add an age group, gender, color and GTIN or MPN number. Size is only required for clothing and shoes. 

Any standard colour will do - like grey (for metal), for example. If you're worried about how these products will display in your store, you can create a duplicate set of products that appear solely in your store without the variants, or you could hide the variant selector if you're familiar with coding. 

You may find our guide to product requirements in Google Shopping helpful. Take a look here

Let me know if that makes sense, or if there's anything I can clarify!

Savannah | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Jason71
Pathfinder
97 0 30

Hello Savannah,

first of all thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately the errors still appear. Any ideas how I can resolve the problem by looking into my source code? Like I said, the errors say that COLOR and SIZE cause the error and therefore the refection.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards

J.

0 Likes
Savannah_F
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 92

Hey, Jason! 

I'd be happy to take a deeper look for you. Would you mind emailing us at support@shopify.com from the account owner's email address? If you reply back here with the support ticket number you automatically receive, I'll be able to access your shop securely and see what might be happening!

Savannah | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Jason71
Pathfinder
97 0 30

Hello Savannah,

here we go: 5817477

Thanks a lot!

Best wishes.

0 Likes