Google PageSpeed Error

JeanetteQuillen
Explorer
126 0 12

I need to fix an error related to my site speed.  SOMEONE PLEASE respond with actual steps to fix this load blocking resource:

Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content

Your page has 1 blocking CSS resources. This causes a delay in rendering your page.

None of the above-the-fold content on your page could be rendered without waiting for the following resources to load. Try to defer or asynchronously load blocking resources, or inline the critical portions of those resources directly in the HTML.

Optimize CSS Delivery of the following:

0 Likes
Alasdair_Walker
Shopify Partner
102 0 15

So generally you need to get into the robot.txt file and allow google to crawl the .css, 

BUT...... Shopify hosts it content on a CDN, so this is going to be very tricky. 

I'm pretty sure there may be some Shopify tech guru person, that will know the ins and outs of the Shopify back-end. 

I had a little look around posts in relation to this but there wasn't much info. 

This is probably a common issue with Shopify. Best thing to do is just make sure your images are always well optimised.  

Although you're in the yellow, your actual site loads pretty quick on mobile and on a desktop. I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you see your bounce rate going up as a result, and you can't get the issue fixed, and it's having a massive impact on conversions, maybe it's best to switch to a different platform in the long term. 

But it's such a small detail. 

Alasdair

Alasdair

Ocean One SEO - Transforming Businesses - 1 to 1 Online Consulting Services Available. Check out the website for details.
0 Likes