Google Search Console - Excluded Discovered – currently not indexed

Solved
Tourist
11 0 2

Hi All,

New to the forum, pardon me if the question was asked by others in the past, but the search did not give much of an answer to my problem.

I am new to shopify, I have added 400+ products to the store, and uploaded the sitemap to google search console for indexing. 

Its been a couple of weeks, my listings aren't crawled by google, I have found the following on the search console "Excluded Discovered – currently not indexed"

2019-07-17 14_26_10-Coverage.png

I am not sure if the issue is with google or shopify. I have also resubmitted the sitemap to no avail.

Appreciate if someone can assist me with this.

Thanks.

Talzy

0 Likes

Hey @talzy 

Can you please give us a link to the store? 

Your product pages might have a NOINDEX meta tag. 

Alex Dereveanco | CMO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes

Hi @talzy 

yeah, the NOINDEX meta tag is not the problem. 

Try requesting indexing explicitly from the Google Search Console under URL Inspection - "Request Indexing".

Here is a thread on Google Support that seems to have the same issue - https://support.google.com/webmasters/thread/4742165?hl=en, take a look. 

- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 2

@Alexandru_Derev , requested indexing via URL inspection to no avail, will check on the google forums as well.

0 Likes

@talzy 

Indexing will not be done instantaneously.

Google schedules your site for indexing and will inform you when it is done. 

It sometimes can take several days or even a few weeks.

0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 2

Thanks @Alexandru_Derev 

A bit more information, When I goto Live test I get the following error.

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-17 at 22.39.48.jpeg

0 Likes

Hi @talzy 

sorry for the way too delayed reply.

In the Google Search Console, when you go to Enhancements -> Products -> 'Either offers, review or aggregateRating should be specified' and select on of the Product Details page to the right there should be a section with the offending HTML snippet. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

Hi @Alexandru_Derev ,

Please find the code below. I only see 27 of the products here with errors.  However, under coverage I see 462 excluded pages which are not crawled/indexed. 

Thanks

https://file.io/udyNFm

2019-08-08 21_56_40-Coverage.png

0 Likes

Hi there,

You'll find that most Shopify stores have a similar number. These are the pages that are blocked by default in the .robots.txt file. You'll find more information  about the standard robots.txt file in he article below. Unfortunately you can't access the robots.txt file, it's one of Shopify's biggest technical SEO flaws. Google is however starting to index 'blocked' pages if they deem them relevant to to search queries.

https://www.integritysearch.co.uk/blog/5-major-technical-seo-issues-with-shopify/

Hope this helps!

Integrity Search & Integrity Commerce® - the ONLY themes in the world fully optimized filter/tag pages. The most technically advanced Shopify themes for SEO.
0 Likes