Google Search Console doesn't list 'Pages' sitemap...on two different stores

Tourist
7 0 3

Search Console seems to have a problem with the 'Pages' sitemap listed in the sitemap index sitemap.xml. In Search Console, if I click on sitemap.xml, it lists '3 of 3' sitemaps (Products, Collections, and Blogs); No Pages! This is happening on two completely different stores on different Search Console accounts. I bet I'm not the only one.

I'm losing rank on Google search results, I believe because my Pages (landing pages) are no longer in my submitted sitemap.

Anyone else having this problem or found a solution? I need my traffic back.

I'm not using any SEO apps. This is the default Shopify sitemap.

sitemap_index_screenshot.pngPages sitemap is missing in Search Console!

0 Likes

I believe that you should turning on the Index, Follow of your CMS. Then regenerate your sitemap.xml in sitemap generator. Let's see, if those subpages will be appear to your sitemap.xml then submit it to Google Webmaster Tools.

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 3
I'm on Shopify.
0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 3

No, that's not the problem. The Pages sitemap IS listed in sitemap.xml and my pages are all listed in the Pages sitemap. However, Google Search Console says it is displaying '3 of 3' sitemaps from the index sitemap.xml but there are 4 sitemaps in sitemap.xml. The missing sitemap is for Pages and this is the case on two completely different stores.

2 Likes
Shopify Expert
565 24 94

I have the same issue on two different Shopify stores. Google Search Console is completely ignoring the pages child sitemap. The pages are still being indexed, as Google doesn't rely solely on sitemaps to discover the pages of a site. 

I submitted the pages child sitemap sitemap_pages_1.xml separately alongside the main parent sitemap.xml and GSC says it can't read the sitemap. I ran the child sitemap through several sitemap validators which all found no errors. So maybe this is an issue just with GSC? Still something Shopify should maybe look into. So lets keep this thread active.

★ ThemeUp: Nifty Upgrades for your Shopify Store ★ https://themeup.net
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
8 0 1

Hi AquaLIV, 

I have got the same problem as you with the sitemap. I am losing rank on Google also but not sure if this is a shopify issue or a Google issue. 

On the other hand you have been attact with a lot of links from different countries and for some reason your robot txt does no block the search pages and you have at least 470 urls in corean (look for site: yoursite /search). 

Try to eliminate this urls from indexing. 

I had the same problem as many shopify shops.

hopes this helps.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3
Thanks for the tips. I blocked the search pages. Hopefully, someone will
figure out the pages sitemap issue soon.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
8 0 1

I see. Even when you have block search using robot txt and a noindex tag still indexing this urls, thats odd. How did you put the no index tag ? did you used an app? 

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 3

No. I just blocked the search pages after your recommendation. Thanks for that.

0 Likes