Google Search Console doesn't list 'Pages' sitemap...on two different stores

Highlighted

I honestly don't think Shopify can actually do anything here as such else I would have escalated this. So let's not bury the answer in moaning about it (as most people will skip to the end looking for a solution and not find the actual solution).

The sitemaps are all technically valid.  Google is simply ignoring the page one.  So the issue is more with Google.  My guess is that for a time in the past these page sitemaps had an error and so Google stopped fetching them all. Either that or the big Google machine has decided that content under this sitemap is routinely not of value on Shopify sites.

Either way - just use my previous solution to solve it. End of.

Generally considered best to not continue forum threads if there's a solution as it kinda buries it .

★★★ Need help setting up your Shopify store? Hire me here: https://liquify.design ★★
2 Likes
Shopify Expert
5 0 0

Same problem going on here. I submitted the "pages_sitemap" without the number "1" like: www.domain.com/sitemap_pages.xml and all seems to work fine.

Roberto López Shopify Expert www.RobertoLopezMartinez.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

This fixed the issue for me - nice work! :D

0 Likes
Highlighted

@AquaLiv  - If your objective is to successfully submit your Shopify Page URLs to Google for indexing, our friend @Liquify has THE SOLUTION to your problem >>> remove the "-1" from the Pages sitemap and submit it separately, like this... 

shopify couldnt fetch sitemap issue solved.jpg

From an SEO perspective, whether Shopify / Google ever fix the issue preventing the -1 version from being submitted is irrelevant. If you want Google to crawl and index your pages so they have the ability to rank, follow the advice above and move on to more important SEO tasks :)

And if you or anyone else is looking for more info about this issue and how it relates to your SEO, check out my reply in a similar Shopify Community thread

CC: @ThomasBorowski , @Ivanpr , @jaybee21 , @C_Woodman , @Denis_B , @d4nnyp , @Matt-vv , @Skuperman 

Kevin Wallner // SEO & Analytics Expert
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution
- Ready to accelerate your SEO growth? Let's chat!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 2
Yes, removing the -1 in my sitemap has done the trick but, we shouldn’t have to do this. Shopify claims it’s a Google problem & Google claims it a Shopify issue. As always it’s always someone else’s issue.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Signed up to just say thank you to @Liquify 

His solution which sits on page (3) works perfectly.

(Posted at this time) 09-06-2019 05:25 AM 

Thanks again - I wanted to ensure others can find it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 1

Thanks Liquify!

Had the same problem for my suspenders website, but this sitemap did the trick to index my pages!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
8 0 1

In some cases add pages to the sitemap is not a good idea for SEO. 

If you want deindexing some pages like policy pages using a noindex tag it would be a conflict sending to the sitemap as well. 

0 Likes