Google Shopping Can't Index Product Images

Helen_Paraskeva
3 0 3

I have a truck load of products that I've recenlty added ot my store.  My merchant center account reporst that all of these have been rejected due to google not being able to index the product images.  Anyone else experiencing this? I have traweled throught the forums and have seen posts relating to this issue dating back to 2013.

Google suggests to modify robots.txt to allow its bots to crawl the images.  This, from what I understand, can't be done in shopify.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

www.dermience.com.au

0 Likes

Robots.txt rules are unlikely to be the problem because all my Shopify AdWords clients have never had image indexation issues in merchant center AND you cannot control the robots.txt file within Shopify. However, it's possible your images are hosted elsewhere and that domain has robots.txt rules.

Looking at your product images on Dermience, this doesn't look to be the case. You seem to be using the standard image hosting by Shopify. What is the exact feed errors? Specifity and examples always help.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2570 337 524

Hello!

As of today, June 21st, 2021, we have launched the ability to edit the robot.txt file to give merchants more control over the information that is crawled by search engines. You can learn more about how to edit your robot.txt file through our community post here.

Due to the age of the topic, I will be locking this thread. If you have any questions about the new feature, please do not hesitate to create a new post under our "Techincal QA" board.

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes