Google Tag Manager Integration not working properly

Highlighted

Those store would be on Shopify Plus plan as that is the only one you can change the checkout.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

well, they are not... 

do you know of any official statement from Shopify saying they don't support adding additional (GA) scripts on the Checkout page?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 1 0

There's not an official statement but it does require to make it enable from shopify support.

https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/chat

Explain your issue to them and ask them to enable GA unsafe script on checkout page

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello @CiprianSo ! I tried installing GTM through the Additional Google Analytics Javascript section and it doesnt work in the checkout page. I dont want to upgrade to Shopify PLus, could you find any solution to this problem?
Thanks!

@CiprianSo 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
50 1 4

Hello - I am setting up GTAG and running into some issues, as the setup is very confusing for Shopify.

We have a basic account, so we do not have access to checkout.liquid.

Can you please provide me the information as to where I should place my:

• Google Analytics Tracking Code
  • GTAG Code for Global & Checkout (and how to avoid duplicate tracking)

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have the same issue my Tag Manager does not work

0 Likes
Highlighted

That is not guide - useless information just to get a link

@Rudy_Martinez wrote:

I created a step by step guide for installing Google Tag Manager on Shopify here

https://www.dbmarketer.com/db-marketer/google-tag-manager-on-shopify/

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Josh 

Is this still working?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
47 0 8

Finally somebody explained it... 

@igorkol wrote:

@CiprianSo that is because Shopify removed the option of adding any other code in the Additional GA scripts, BUT the actual GA code. GTM is not GA code, and this was a hack to accomplish having GTM on Checkout pages.

Upgrade to Shopify Plus and you'll have the ability to change Checkout pages as well

0 Likes