Google analytics disabled from Shopify stores

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi guys

I am a new store owner. I was setting up my store and got to know that google analytics tool has been disabled by Shopify?

Is that correct? How do you track your customers then?

And I did run a SEO check and I was informed that my SEO score is low because i don't have google analytics tool. Any ideas if shopify disabled google analytics tool?

Thanks for your time and feedback.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Can anyone please advise?

@store_zabella wrote:

Hi guys

I am a new store owner. I was setting up my store and got to know that google analytics tool has been disabled by Shopify?

And I did run a SEO check and I was informed that my SEO score is low because i don't have google analytics tool. Any ideas if shopify disabled google analytics tool?

@store_zabella wrote:

Hi guys

0 Likes
Highlighted

Our clients still have Google Analytics and it's working. There is no way Shopify would disable Google Analytics and not say anything.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

One of the Shopify "Gurus" told me this...see screenshot.Capture.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted

Can you login to your Shopify Store? If so, follow these steps to see if you can add Google Analytics:

1. Click on "Online Store" under Sales Channels

2. Click on Preferences

3. The second section should say Google Analytics

I would call up Shopify (1 (855) 816-3857) and talk to their support team if you don't see this option. Google Analytics has not been removed as a feature as far as I know.

--

Duane

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

@DuaneBrown wrote:

Can you login to your Shopify Store? If so, follow these steps to see if you can add Google Analytics:

1. Click on "Online Store" under Sales Channels

2. Click on Preferences

3. The second section should say Google Analytics

I would call up Shopify (1 (855) 816-3857) and talk to their support team if you don't see this option. Google Analytics has not been removed as a feature as far as I know.

--

Duane

Thanks sir. I can see that option, but I can't get the google analytics code there. I am not aware of the process so I followed on what is written on Shopify store about google analytics installation process, but I don't see this is valid anymore. The process described here is not accurate when I start with setting up google analytics. The process is inaccurate after step 4. I don't see anywhere on Google analytics saying "Click Get Tracking ID" as mentioned in this process.

Any advise?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Since I don't have access to your Shopify store or your Google Analytics, I can not see what is going on or tell you what is wrong. Call up Shopify 1 (855) 816-3857 and talk with them about this. Their customer service reps can help you get this fixed.

0 Likes