We are trying to verify our shopify store for webmaster tool(Google search console) but google is unable verify our site. We have tried all the available approach to verify it. One of the approach is by setting up meta tag on the <head> tag.
This should be really easy thing but it doesn't seem to be working. The issue we are facing is on store https://www.dimplecontacts.com/ .
It worked when I tried switching the primary domain to the .myshopify.com but it is not working for our main domain. I checked the DNS settings and it is pointed as per mentioned by shopify.
Domain is from netregistry.
Could there be anything that i am missing or anything else that i can try to figure out the issue?
Hope some one could help!!
If you need any further information, please let me know.
Solved! Go to the solution
This is an accepted solution.
This is Max from the Shopify Team.
I think the issue lies with your DNS settings rather than the connection between the platforms used.
When I search your DNS settings, the A record looks to be pointed correctly, but the CNAME is showing up blank
Have you recently made any changes to your domain? Keep in mind that these can take up to 48hours to be fully pointed.
If not, please refer to this doc for the details on how to set up your domain name. Let us know if after this is corrected you're still running into issues trying to verify your domain with Google.
Thank you for your reply. I think the issue lies with what you have suggested. I will make the necessary changes and see if works. I feel it should work though.
Thank you very much!!
I have previously discussed this issue with shopify live chat support, but unfortunately we couldn't figured it out then.
Glad to hear that this looks like a promising solution.
Let us know if you need any more support submitting your sitemap or with anything else you're working on.
You mentioned earlier that the .myshopify.com URL was working when you tried to connect it to the Webmaster tool. Have you tried follow the steps to add the verification to your <head> section after the domain has had a chance to fully propagate (this can take up to 48hours)? It looks like you have the "www" CNAME set as your primary domain, so, it might've been a timing issue.
I'd suggest also clearing your browser's cache and checking for any updates (device and browser) before attempting to sync things again. If that's still not working, please let us know what you're seeing on your end! Any screenshots or error messages would be appreciated!
Were you looking for some help to get things verified on your site?
If you're struggling, feel free to reach out and share some more details!
Verify via Google Analytics - view the source on your web page and find the web tracking code resembling: UA-XXXXX-X"
Create CNAME records - check to see the record was created correctly by navigating to [unique_google_string].yourdomain.com. This should lead you to www.google.com.
Upload an HTML file - go to the address of the uploaded file on your website. This is your site's URL including the file name, as in http://your_domain.com/your_filename.html. (Be sure to replace your_domain.com and your_filename with your actual domain and file names.)
Create TXT records - run the following command in a terminal and find a text record containing "google-site-verification=" in the results:
nslookup -q=txt your_domain.com