Solved

Guest checkout and one time discount codes?

_nrrm
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out a way to prevent promo codes from being reused on my store. We only have guest checkout as an option, as the business is new, so all discount codes will be sent to our newsletter recipients (handled with Mailchimp). 

I am aware that a good way to do this would be using the Bulk discount code generator and sending users a unique code via mail, however this seems like it may get a bit complex for what I need.

My question is simple: if I were to set up just one discount code with Shopify (instead of creating unique codes), would a user be able to use this code twice with the same email, or does Shopify store a record of the email used in the checkout process, and therefore prevent it from being used again with that email? I understand if this is the case the user could just use a different email, but I'm not too worried about that.

Thanks 

Accepted Solution (1)
JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

This is an accepted solution.

It's related to the E-Mail, not the presence of an account so that would work for you regardless!

Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com

Learn more about us: jhkcreate.com

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

Hi @_nrrm 

You can specific in your discount code creation screen to limit the code use to one per users, that solves your issue automatically!

_nrrm
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi JHKCreate,

Thank you for your response. Does this apply to guest users, or only to users with an account already? All my users will checkout as guest, so it is important they can only use the code once.

Thanks,

Nick

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

This is an accepted solution.

It's related to the E-Mail, not the presence of an account so that would work for you regardless!

_nrrm
Visitor
3 0 0

Fantastic, thanks for the solution.