H1 and H2 tags question

Highlighted
4 0 0

I have been given some great feedback on my store so far and am trying to improve some of my SEO.  I have a basic understand of the need for H1 and H2 tags however they are not as easy to add here as they are on Wordpress where I can easily just highlight what I want to be H1 and H2.  What is the best way to go about adding a H2 tag and what should I specifically use it for on my store when it comes to products? Additionally do putting H1 tags in the title of a blog post mae a difference? I noticed they dont get automatically placed in the title and I had to put them in myself.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

A seperate problem I am having for example we currently sit on page 2 of google for nursing hoodie but I have two entries show up one is a link to the acutal product and another appears like this.

Nursing Clothes – Tagged "Nursing Hoodie" – Latched on ...

I am not really a fan of how this displays on google and would much prefer a cleaner link like the one above it. I know fixing some SEO issues I have could help this problem.

Any help anyone could provide would be extremely helpful as I continue to scale my store.  The URL is www.latchedonlove.com

Thanks,
Erin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
338 0 55

Hi Erin,

The important of header tags in 2016 is something that's up for contention - do many web designers still use header tags? Of course, many do! But are header tags something that drives pagerank up any more than designing a streamlined, clean, user-friendly website with great content? It's debatable.

Here is an awesome article I have on hand about how Google's Hummingbird algorithm changed SEO almost entirely:

- Why Google's Hummingbird Algorithm Isn't For The Birds

That being said, to change or modify H1 or H2 tags, you'll have to do so in the HTML/CSS editor. It can be found by going to "Online Store" -> "Themes" -> clicking "..." beside your active theme -> selecting "Edit CSS/HTML"

At that point, you'll have to navigate the various templates (theme.liquid being the main one) and change the H1 and H2 tags as you see fit.

Regarding your page title issue: can you please link me to the direct page that is coming up askew in Google? Thanks!

Alicia | Support Lead for Shopify
0 Likes