H1 and Meta Keywords

Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

Hi All,

I would like to change my H1 & H2 tags but finding it slightly difficult to understand. There are multiple references to H1 in Theme and Index. I understand it points to the logo but I wish to change that to a sentence I provide.

Also Meta Keywords, are you able to write them?

And lastly if someone is feeling incredibly helpful, MOZ does not appear to credit my social media activity to the site, does anyone know a possible reason for this?

www.evaporatemods.co.uk

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and I would be extremly grateful if someone can provide some help.

Regards

James

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
224 1 25

Hi, James!

Patrick, a Shopify Guru here :).

H1 and H2 are HTML lingo for heading size. They are really useful for highlighting what a page is about. In your heading, you should include your main keywords in the names of your store's products, collections, pages, or blog posts. e.g "McFadden's T-Shirt - Red”. This will make it more likely for people to be able to find your product by searching for "McFadden's", "t-shirt", and "red t-shirt".

You can also include more heading on the page using the Rich text editor, just grab the piece of text you want to make a heading then click on “Formatting” and choose a heading size :).

I’m not sure why they wouldn’t take your social media into account, but I had a look around their website and they recommend 
https://www.truesocialmetrics.com/

To help gauge the amount of traffic you get from social media :).

Also, here is MOZ’s guide on tracking social media

https://moz.com/blog/social-engagement-metrics-that-matter ;

If you have any more questions feel free to contact us at support@shopify.com

Hope that helps
Patrick :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

Thanks Patrick,

That is extremly helpful and I appreciate it greatly. If I copuld push my luck and ask you to look at a seperate thread I have created which is giving me more trouble than anything else.

It Is in reference to a large amount of duplicate meta descriptions.

Kind Regards

James

0 Likes