H1 tag for SEO optimizer app

Highlighted
2 0 0

SEO optimizer app says that my keyword is not listed on the H1 tag.

I have searched all the past forum posts, and even went in and added <h1 and </h1> around the product title in the product page code, but it still tells me the H1 tag doesn't have my keyword.  I am using the Debut theme.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?  Or have an answer on how I can get my keyword on the H1 tag? 

(I spent hours yesterday trying to figure it out myself)

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
111 8 102

Hi, 

What is your keyword? It could be that the keyword your SEO optimizer app is looking for isn't in the product title. 

In SEO, I would focus more on providing all the information your customer needs and organize it in a logical way, rather than trying to cram a keyword into your product title. Google will rank you higher if you provide the customer with a great experience on your website. 

My guess for your problem is that the SEO optimizer is looking for a keyword that you specified for the entire site, but isn't in your product title. I would also make sure that the product title is actually in the title field, then also add it to the description somewhere with the <h1></h1> tag around it. This may help.

Good luck!

1 Like
2 0 0

Thank you very much for responding.  Your information is helpful.  My listings will have different key words because they are different items, and some of them are getting 100% score, while others have the H1 tag missing as a problem.  I just am not sure which page is responsible for the H1 tag.  I don't know where to go to check and see what tags are there and which ones aren't.

@SarahAtCarro wrote:

Hi, 

What is your keyword? It could be that the keyword your SEO optimizer app is looking for isn't in the product title. 

In SEO, I would focus more on providing all the information your customer needs and organize it in a logical way, rather than trying to cram a keyword into your product title. Google will rank you higher if you provide the customer with a great experience on your website. 

My guess for your problem is that the SEO optimizer is looking for a keyword that you specified for the entire site, but isn't in your product title. I would also make sure that the product title is actually in the title field, then also add it to the description somewhere with the <h1></h1> tag around it. This may help.

Good luck!

@SarahAtCarro wrote:

Hi, 

Good luck!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
157 3 25

I suggest trying out our store analyzer tool. It will help you to find the exact product that is missing titles as well as additional missing or problematic site details. Moreover, it also includes steps you can take to correct each error. 

Often there are quite a few details going on behind the scenes that we miss, so using a free Store Checkup Tool like the one from AdScale is essential.

If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me.

Smart advertising campaigns across Google and Facebook, using advanced AI technology. https://ecom.adscale.com/shopify
0 Likes