HELP!!!

Sebastian_Watso
2 0 0

Hi, You you like what I did there.

I started Shopify and my product is a fortnite backpack. How do I market it with a low budget and get it to sell. I understand adcopy but I’m struggling to understand my Audience, people, etc. I want to start on Instagram Shoutouts and work my way to Facebook but I don’t know how to get traffic or a/b test my product. 

My store: www.backpacksumo.com

0 Likes
Tori_Copper1
Tourist
18 0 1

Hey Sebastian! It sounds like you're trying to target the Fortnite audience directly, in which case there are many routes you can take!

Though Facebook is one avenue you can pursue, Instagram and Snapchat may lead to better results for you. Younger audiences are trending more and more towards shopping on mobile devices, usually through Instagram or similar apps.

Have you tried creating a group targeting young adults who are interested in Fortnite? That sounds like a great place to start -- you could even focus your location on areas that are going back to school soon!

Hope this helps :)

- Tori

Tori Copper www.simplr.ai
0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3517 281 676

Hi Sebastian, 

Nick here from Shopify.

Just to follow up from Tori's comment, the Fortnite audience is pretty large and one you can find with relative ease on a platform like Instagram. Once you do that, a good way to engage is by organic engagement and conversations without offering a hard sell. Twitter is also a good platform to do this one. There was a recent podcast from a top Shopify expert who spoke to their guest a Shopify store owner who used this method very effectively to build a business model which I think you might find interesting. You can listen to the podcast from this link here

Cheers, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1195 106 290

I would create an affiliate program and invite Fortnite influencers, like the people doing Youtube videos.

That's one of the best ways to get automated, zero investment traffic in your target niche.

If you need help creating a program just give me a shout.

I think you'll want to have more products up on the store before you start promoting an affiliate program though... actually I would focus first on getting more products before spending a lot in marketing. It will help make your data more clear - if someone comes to your site and wants some Fortnite gear, but doesn't like the one style you have per product, they'll leave and you don't know if it's your funnel or product selection.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfill orders + email notifications).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app) and Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
0 Likes
keith15
3 0 0

Hi i am levis from UK,and i will highly recommend you to use photoviewer pro due to its awesome graphics and photo reshaping tools,it will surely transform your images to its best,highly recommended app.

0 Likes