Handling Facebook bans

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there, I'm concerned about marketing on Facebook. In communities people resent that Facebook bans them permanently (or keeps the appeal in review for months) without any reason, even the guys who have been for a long time in the game and who spent millions. Every time I think they must have done something again the rules and missed it, facebook can't be so nasty, but.

I'm highly concerned that one day I'll finally build a brand (not breaking the rules, of course) and out of blue Facebook will ruin it (even if I use new ad account, they'll check my domain, right).

Could you please shed some light on the situation, can I be calm or I can't?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2469 128 395

@Guccin wrote:

can I be calm or I can't?

Calm when you learn to ignore such fantasies.

Facebook ,etc will never be in your control, this is a lethal mindset focusing on something irrelevant and uncontrollable:

If you do not own a platform never stake your entire business on that platforms behavior, ever.

AKA Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

@Guccin wrote:

I'm highly concerned that one day I'll finally build a brand (not breaking the rules, of course) and out of blue Facebook will ruin it (even if I use new ad account, they'll check my domain, right).

This is a false fantasy fear, an excuse to not move forward with either creating a solid plan or acting on the research you have.

In such a far flung future hypothetical you should have gained enough experience to know how able to handle that situation and have enough money to fund the solution, or enough money to pay someone to fix it.

Simple risk mitigation planning beats being gunshy.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you for your thought. However it's not quite clear for me anyway. Giving an analogy, what you are saying is like "It's a wrong mindset to care about cars, when you are crossing the road, because cars are driven by other people, not you, and because of it, you are not in control of it, it's wrong to think about it. You can cross the road if you need".

I just want to get some estimation of a chance that Facebook will ban me without a reason when I do my brand. Is it 1%, or 10%, or it 0% at all and those poor guys just abused some technics or violated (unspoken) rules. Of course marketing channels should be diversified, but we are talking about Facebook here.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2469 128 395

Your car analogy ignores reality that if a driver hits a pedestrian they can face consequences.

Otherwise if facebook is a car they can mow you down and their suspension is so good they wont even feel the bump and not only will their be zero consequences for them but hitting you might actually make them money.

If you fear your business model will be banned by facebook then it's closer to 100% chance.

Risk mitigation starts from the extreme not from hope.

It's either unfounded and a waste of time to dwell on it, or you know something particular about what your doing you shouldn't be doing in the first place and you need to spend money either on a lawyer or an actuary for hard data.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes