Has anyone used Fiverr for SEO help?

Marisa_Barone
Excursionist
92 0 9

I barely understand SEO even though people have told me and I have read a million articles about it. But I believe there is some type of coding or something that is involved. The Fiver website offers some SEO help for really cheap. Has anyone used any Fiverr help?

-Marisa

Alicia_W
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
338 0 61

Hi Marisa,

You need to be careful with Fiverr - I know merchants who have used it and have been scammed. I would strongly suggest hiring one of our Experts if you need help.

I get a lot of SEO questions, and my single best tip still boils down to this: make awesome products, create awesome content, and make it as easy as possible for people to share those products and content.

Shopify's already built from the ground up with SEO in mind - your shop can be easily read and understood by search engines. The challenge in getting a great search ranking isn't in being found by Google, it's in convincing Google that your site deserves to be #1 on a given topic.

I strongly recommend doing your homework before diving into SEO because there's a great deal of misinformation out there. Check out the links below for more info - some of them are lengthy reads but the content is solid gold.  

Cheers!

Alicia | Support Lead for Shopify
0 Likes
Leon_Henry
Shopify Partner
11 0 0

Hi Marisa, I would use a shopify Expert with this type of task and not use the cookie cutter  fiverr.

They fully understand how to get the store ranked correctly

You can find more info here

https://experts.shopify.com/

0 Likes
John_Bishop1
Shopify Partner
45 0 12

I agree with Alicia. Moz's free SEO guides are AWESOME! Start there.

You will get what you pay for on Fiverr, so probably best to avoid. I am an e-commerce consultant and know a few things about SEO but certainly stop short of claiming expert status. Here's my take on this.

Let me sum up SEO for you like I do for all of our clients. A search on any search engine (Google or otherwise) is an inquiry. Essentially a question. Google's goal is to deliver search results that are most likely to answer the question. They want to deliver a relevant answer from a reputable website. They want to connect the user posing the inquiry with an authority on the relevant topic. 

That means SEO is all about authority. It's about convincing Google (and all the other search engines) that your website or webstore is an authority on your particular category, niche, industry, etc. The best way to convince Google you are an authority? By actually being an authority. You do this with great content. By delivering a level of detail and expertise not found elsewhere. Then, over time, Google will recognize this and show you some love with free traffic.

Yes, there are some technical considerations, but SEO in my opinion is something you should learn a bit about on your own. You'll be wasting your money right out of the gate if you hire an SEO pro.

Happy to discuss in greater detail if you are inclined. Best of luck!

John Bishop | Four Six Commerce | john@foursixcommerce.com | 972-556-5113
0 Likes
Leon_Henry1
Excursionist
126 0 10

Great advice John

We have helped over 500 Shopify store clients worldwide this year with marketing and strategies, improving sales and conversions. Contact us if you wish to have the same professional business experience
0 Likes
Jana_A_
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
32 0 4

Hi Marisa, 

In addition to the above, I wanted to let you know that the team over at Carson is offering fantastic prices on smaller Shopify Expert tasks, which might be just what you need to get your SEO in order. 

You can have a look at their website here :) 

Cheers,

Jana A. | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Trevor_Maurer2
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Marisa

When I first launched my site, I bought a 'traffic pack' of 1000 visitors a day for a month for... a fiver! The vendor had excellent reviews aswell.

The ad assured that it was genuine traffic, not robots or clickfarms etc.  However, I did get 1000 visitors and with a bounce rate of about 99.9999%

A fiver not very well spent!

I get most of my traffic through Facebook ads, which can be a nightmare, but when it works, it is incredible.

Good luck

Trevor

0 Likes
Chris_Harm
Tourist
10 0 0

I totally agreed with Trevor and has same experience. Fiverr will not work for you. You can consult with any SEO agency.  

0 Likes
Rock_Paper_Copy
Shopify Partner
1017 0 110

Fiverr can be trusted only with minor projects, like article, small fix in your store or a video presentation, but any good SEO expert worth the dime will not be advertising on Fiverr. He will be showered with orders and charging $200+ for service. If so-called SEO expert advertises on Fiverr it means they couldn't really break through this phase. If you are on a budget, start on UpWork, while still it's a work mill, it's still possible to find your gem, best of luck!

Learn How to Set up a Shopify Store. Join our Shopify Training Course today: http://bit.ly/ShopifytrainingSEO
0 Likes