Help! Dead End Setting up Facebook Shop: Merchant Agreement

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 1

OK, so I have a Shopify account selling T-shirts ( here ), and then a Facebook page and an Instagram account I'd like to sell & promote the shirts in. I've followed the setup instruction here: https://www.facebook.com/products/catalogs/new and have set up everything correctly as far as I can tell:

1. I'm the only admin of the Facebook page

2. I'm the only person with access to the Instagram account

3. I've added the Pixel ID to Shopify

4. My products are all live (and selling) via Shopify

5. I've gone through the setups in Facebook Catalog Manager and Facebook Events Manager

6. All my items are print-on-demand, so I'd prefer the Shopify directly link to Facebook & Instagram. I have no physical inventory on hand - all production & fulfillment is handled via Shopify & Printify.

I can connect my Facebook account to Shopify and I can select the page where I want my shop to be. In order to connect the page, I have to click "Accept Terms" on the "Facebook Terms & Conditions - Commerce Product Merchant Agreement" popup window.... and the Accept Terms button does nothing. It doesn't make the window go away, it doesn't provide feedback of success or error, it just clicks and does nothing.

I can't be the only one in this situation... any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
353 23 96

Hi, @davestolte!

This is Rae from Shopify. 

Thank you for reaching out about the troubles you're having with connecting your Facebook account to Shopify, and sharing the troubleshooting steps you've already completed. 

It sounds like you're having issues with the window that pops up and asks you to 'Accept terms'. This is something that a few other merchants have experienced in the past, and it seems to be tied to a setting in most updated browsers that prevents cross-site tracking. We've found that turning this setting off helps resolve this issue and allows merchants to accept the terms on that window, so I recommend trying this to see if this allows you to connect your Facebook page correctly. 

To turn off this setting on Chrome, please follow these steps: 

1. Open a Chrome browser and click 'Chrome'  on the top menu bar.
  2. Click on 'Preferences'
  3. Click 'Privacy and Security'  on the menu on the lefthand side of the page. 
  4. Click 'More'  to expand this section.
  5. Ensure the setting titled 'Send a "Do Not Track" request with your browsing traffic'  is toggled off. 

If you're using Safari instead, just follow these steps: 

1. Open a Safari browser and click 'Safari'  on the top menu bar. 
  2. Click 'Preferences'
  3. Open 'Privacy'
  4. Under 'Website tracking'  ensure the setting titled 'Prevent cross-site tracking'  is not selected. 

Once you've disabled this setting in your browser, please try to connect your Facebook page once again in the 'Facebook Shop'  section of your admin by following these steps

Keep me posted on how this goes. I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes