Help! How do I fix these errors that Google says my site has?

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi!

I really have two major questions that pertain to improving the performance of my website based on error messages I got from (1) Google Webmaster and (2) Page Speed Insights. I'm frusted because it's hard to find the answers or understand what it al means.

(1) How do I fix the 64 Google Crawl 404 errors on my website? The urls are of products I deleted from my website. And I see they are linked to a 404 not found page link. So why is it having a hard time crawling the website? Does this affect my website's ranking in search?

(2) When I run Page Speed Analysis on my website, I get a 68/100 on mobile and 60/100 on desktop!

I realize that templates on Shopify restrict how much I can do but SOMEONE please explain in simplified language and step by step,  how to fix these errors:?

MOBILE:
Your page has 5 blocking script resources and 3 blocking CSS resources. This causes a delay in rendering your page.

None of the above-the-fold content on your page could be rendered without waiting for the following resources to load. Try to defer or asynchronously load blocking resources, or inline the critical portions of those resources directly in the HTML.

Remove render-blocking JavaScript:

Optimize CSS Delivery of the following:

DESKTOP:
Optimize images (which I already did with Image Optimizer APP)
Properly formatting and compressing images can save many bytes of data.

Optimize the following images to reduce their size by 527.7KiB (84% reduction).

Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content

Your page has 5 blocking script resources and 3 blocking CSS resources. This causes a delay in rendering your page.

None of the above-the-fold content on your page could be rendered without waiting for the following resources to load. Try to defer or asynchronously load blocking resources, or inline the critical portions of those resources directly in the HTML.

Remove render-blocking JavaScript:

Optimize CSS Delivery of the following:

THANK YOU SHOPIFY COMMUNITY.

Bestow your wisdom on me

www.globalhomeny.com

Vivian

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I used Image Optimizer app to fix the images. That helped alot.

The other stuff I have been in contact with the developer of my template.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Highlighted

looks like you have one more broken link ;)

https://www.globalhomeny.com/pages/new-york-spaces-the-goods

We're a Shopify Partner, consultant, and developer. We've been in the ecommerce business since 2007! Visit https://nwconversionteam.com to see how we can help you business grow.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
27 0 3

Hi Vivian,

1) In regards to 404 errors, you have to setup 301 redirects to fix them. Here is a resource that outlines what you need - https://www.bruceclay.com/blog/how-to-properly-implement-a-301-redirect/

2) For the site speed elements, it may be worth the investment to contract a developer because of the technical nature of your concerns. I don't believe it can be simplied via posts. You can find a decent one on upwork.com

Digital Marketing Strategist
0 Likes