[Help Needed] Facebook Ads- Can someone help me with them?

Highlighted
4 0 1

Hi there,

Thanks for having a look at my topic.Even a little knowledge you might have related to the following questions is more than appreciated.

I am a new Shopify User and my store's domain is cozyhaze.myshopify.com 

Trying to get get some knowledge about Sales, I came across Facebook Ads. I just want to know...

1Are they worth trying? I have a really modest budget(Like 80$ or so).

2Can someone tell me whether that much money  is enough? 

I need to know what should the first step be... Browsing through YouTube i have seen many strategies,and trying to be unbiased I heard about the 5$ Facebook Strategy.

3Does it work? I hope so,cuz that is the only thing i can afford.

4Say that i am running an Ad Set,what should the FIRST GOAL be? View Content,Engagement or what? 

5How do i get to scale that Ad after i see it is doing good, or How do i know that the Ad is performing well enough to scale it to Conversions? 

6How many days are needed to prove that the Ad is performing well or not? What should the format of my first ad be-Carousel,Video,Single Image? 

7Should i guess when i am targeting or should i let Facebook Pixel provide me with the stats?

8How broad should my Audience be if i am running a 5$ ad?

Please if you got any information for the questions listed above, just Reply!! Thanks.

0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 2
Hey cozyhaze!

Ok so I'll try to be as concise as possible to help! (my name's Jeff and I manage/do consulting for paid advertising/FB ads)

Ok so...
Answering your questions:

1.) Are they worth trying?
Absolutely. FB ads, if done correctly can be extremely effective. Of course, the higher your budget the better, but for starting/testing new ads/ad sets - you shouldn't spend more than $5-10 initially on each
2) Budget
Again, the $5 rule you read is a great place to start. BUT, to do FB ads most effectively, you really want to test multiple ads/ad sets (at $5 each), which means your budget can increase quickly
So I'd recommend you really hone in on and decide exactly who your audience is, the pain point your solving and your creative (image/video)
For cold traffic/new customers, I usually test different audiences (as many as possible) for each ad set and different creatives for each ad - then scale the winners, and start testing the copy/headlines after
3) Does it work?
Absolutely. Again, if you give it time, TEST and increase your budget as you go
Honestly it can be one of the most effective way to scale a business online
4) FIRST GOAL
By goal, I'm assuming you mean objective, in whih case I generally do 'conversions' (provided you have your pixel set up and have custom conversions made)
Otherwise, there can be times to use reach or engagement to spread brand awareness, but if you're looking to generate conversions, let's go with that
5) scaling...
Scaling is pretty simple actually. There are more methods, but the simplest is: After running your ads for at least a few days, you just pause/stop the ads/ad sets that are underperforming and increase the budget for the winning ones

Make future scaling decisions based on longer term data (a week, a month)
6) How many days?
At least 3 days - maybe even 4 or so

The most important thing here is DO NOT change the ad once it goes live (let it run for at least 3 days for the FB algorithm to go to work) and DO NOT make quick decisions based off of little data from only 1-2 days (this is just statistical variation and you will see wild numbers/costs per click, etc. - don't panic, it's normal!
7) targeting...guessing...
I'm not quite sure what you mean (if you could clarify more), BUT...
Never just guess! With the FB pixel, we can get amazingly effective targeting, so to guess and leave it to chance is a big waste of time/money.
8) how broad?
As a good rule of thumb, test an audience size between 1,000,000-3,000,000 so the FB algorithm can really go out and test

Bonus: Do research into your ideal customer and create an ideal customer avatar (search Amazon, question boards, FB groups of similar products/customers and see what your target customers are complaining about, etc.)
Use the 'suggestion' box for ideas if you're having difficulty building out your audience/ideal customer avatar

If you're still having difficulty, you can send me a message anytime!

I also have a free 7 day email course that goes through marketing best practices and I walk you through, from start to finish, how to build out your audience and a Facebook ad using a high-converting sales funnel (totally recommended for any online business) - let me know if you're interested in signing up, I can send you a link (it's totally free, you just gotta put in your email)

Anyways, good luck and I hope this helps!

Jeffrey
jeffre@jdqmarketing.com
0 Likes

@cozyhaze wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks for having a look at my topic.Even a little knowledge you might have related to the following questions is more than appreciated.

I am a new Shopify User and my store's domain is cozyhaze.myshopify.com 

Trying to get get some knowledge about Sales, I came across Facebook Ads. I just want to know...

1Are they worth trying? I have a really modest budget(Like 80$ or so). - Definitely, in fact Facebook ads is one of the best sources of traffic you can buy right now. 

2Can someone tell me whether that much money  is enough? - The money is way less than enough. You need a decent budget to start testing products and be able to find something that sells. 80$/month is not enough, it's an amount to start though and see how it goes. 

I need to know what should the first step be... Browsing through YouTube i have seen many strategies,and trying to be unbiased I heard about the 5$ Facebook Strategy.

3Does it work? I hope so,cuz that is the only thing i can afford. - Yes the 5$ strategy works, but you need a good ad creative and lots of tests on targeting interest based audiences. 

4Say that i am running an Ad Set,what should the FIRST GOAL be? View Content,Engagement or what? - First goal should always be at this stage that you are conversions campaigns with purchase event. 

5How do i get to scale that Ad after i see it is doing good, or How do i know that the Ad is performing well enough to scale it to Conversions? - You cannot scale without proper budget. I'd suggest to not think about this step for now. It's for later on. 

6How many days are needed to prove that the Ad is performing well or not? What should the format of my first ad be-Carousel,Video,Single Image? - Format ideally should be a video ad demonstrating the product, single images do work as well. In terms of days, you should be able to see sales even in the first day, if the targeting and good creative is there, and of course if the product is of interest. 

7Should i guess when i am targeting or should i let Facebook Pixel provide me with the stats? You shouldn't guess for anything. You should follow the data Facebook provides you and decide accordingly. 

8How broad should my Audience be if i am running a 5$ ad? - Anywhere above 100-150k it's fine. I'd suggest to have audiences with a really broad interest, and then try other with more narrowed down audiences. 

Please if you got any information for the questions listed above, just Reply!! Thanks.

Hi @cozyhaze ,

Hope my answers will help you. 

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hey There, 

Here are some quick stats about Video Marketing and Shopify Stores;

• 83% of those using video think it gives them a good ROI; 82% think it’s a key part of their strategy.
  • Of those that aren’t using video, 73% have bought a product after watching a video.
  • 97% of businesses using explainer videos say it helps users understand their business better.
  • 94% of businesses see video as an effective tool.
  • Among those surveyed, 81% saw an increase in sales and 53% said support calls were reduced.

So you don't need to worry about video ads being a good option or not.

Considering the financial constraints you have being a startup, I would suggest that you try looking for tools that not only gives free video creation, but a complete dashboard to measure the performance of the ads you created. Check out Octovid, and I am pretty sure that your problems will be solved. 

P.S its a free tool for video ad creation, and in case you fell i love with the tool you can always opt for their subscription.

0 Likes