Help With Instagram Marketing!

Tourist
12 0 2

Kathy,

Where you tag is really up to you. I personally vary it based on what the post is. If it's a product picture I will tag where the picture was taken from. My blog posts are always tagged with where I was when I wrote it.  So all my blogs are likely tagged Spokane, but I have a post talking about the fact I donate 10% of everything to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. I'm in the USAF and the main training hub for the Air Force's Special Operations is at Hurlburt Field, FL so I tagged the post for Hurtlburt. That led to me getting a follow by the same fund I donate to. 

I must have missed your IG feed, as I was on mobile when I looked at your website.

1 Like
8 0 0

Spencer, sooo helpful! Thanks so much for taking the time to look at my feed and website. I truly appreciate it, and the thoughtful comments on what I can do. Sounds like you have a wonderful mission for your business. Keep up the great work. I come from an Army/Navy family, so I think it's so admirable that you can have this business AND serve your country. 

Let me know if you have any other good advise for me. Now, I'm going to follow you on Insta!!

0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 2

Kathy, 

Sure thing. Part of the reason I tag different places too is that I travel a lot due to my job, so I'm likely on the places I tag too. Helps get the brand name out and build awareness for me to tag outside of my local area.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Jade,

Possibly the most informative post I've seen to date regarding marketing via social media without the mumbo jumbo and buzzwords. Is there a way to reach you directly? 

I was hoping you can take a look at a shop we are prepping for re-launch. The site is https://www.justagradfrom.com, would love to hear your feedback and ways in which the shop can be improved.

Thanks,

BG

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
434 0 77

Hi, BG!

That's great to hear you are getting lots of valuable feedback from this thread! I saw it in the Shopify newsletter a few times and I really like how everyone has provided such helpful information for each other's businesses. While there isn't a way to reach me directly, I did reply to your forum post Prepping for Relaunch with some information to help with your business.

Have a great day!

Jade | Social Care ?

0 Likes
Explorer
240 0 20

I promote from a current post, and it is set on automatic. That's all I do.

0 Likes
Tourist
7 1 2

I have taken a course on Boostflow and learnt a lot to execute Instagram marketing. If you want to grow more, you will need to learn about Instagram marketing, know what makes people like your content.

Instagram followers can be acquired via 2 ways: Free - organic traffic and Paid - purchase followers. I will go in detail about the free way:

1. You will need to understand what makes an image/video engaging?

95 million posts and 400 million stories get published per day on the platform. What types of content that perform best on Instagram:

• Product in real use.
  • Human faces.
  • Inspirational quotes.
  • Humor.
  • What’s happening.
  • Behind the scenes.

What elements contribute to the virality of an Instagram post:

• Content
  • Caption.
  • Location.
  • Hashtags
  • Time to post.

2. Plan a strategy that promises success

A goal-oriented strategy would be helpful. It must aim towards various aspects such as brand awareness, users engagement and loyalty. The next step, is to choose your focus theme, which makes your whole Instagram looks like a big picture of the same theme. Look at Pura Vida’s Instagram, their main theme is blue, ocean and cool color. They currently have 1.5 million followers and their main product is bracelet.

Furthermore, posting everyday is a must to keep the engagement on your Instagram, but no more than 3 posts.

3. Produce Instagram content: Curation or Creation

Content curation is to find viral content made from others on the internet and re-share it on your Instagram. It usually has high-quality and easy to go viral, as it once succeeded. However, you must credit the owner of the content to make your share legal.

Whereas, content creation is to make your own unique content for your Instagram. This takes times, effort, and not guaranteed 100% success. Nonetheless, you own the credit of your content and boost your brand awareness significantly.

About promoting your content, you can consider some methods below:

1. Create awesome Instagram stories

you’ll have a great chance to get more visibility on Instagram and
give your potential followers more real-time content to consume. That is, Instagram Stories give your followers images and footages that may not often make it to your feed. You also don’t need to add a chunk of text or captions since the amount of time it lasts. Furthermore, you can get the most out of your storytelling skills to create compelling Instagram stories, which your audiences love most.

2. Get your content displayed on the Explore page

Awesome contents, powerful call-to-action buttons, hashtags, and the like are the most crucial things to get your content featured on the Explore page. If your post directly relates to an influencer’s account with a high following, remember to tag or mention them in your post or in the comments. Avoid tagging random accounts though - that is one quick way to mark your account as spam!

3. Save your best Stories into Highlights 

Whenever a potential customer visits your Instagram profile, you’re given a very short period of time to convince them to follow you. One of the great ways to do this is by using the Highlights feature. Since Stories have a 24-hour lifespan, it’s better to organize your Stories into Highlights. The reason is that highlights don’t have any time limit. They stay for an unlimited amount of time until you remove them manually.

Also, you can run a discount, offer, game or contest to capture more leads on your Instagram. I learnt all these from this course https://www.boostflow.com/advanced-instagram-course. It's free though.

0 Likes