Help in Turning Visitors and FB Followers into Revenue

8 0 0

Hi guys,

I'm a first time entrepreneur and would greatly appreciate help and feedback in the areas of marketing. My products have had a lot of rave reviews before the launch. I have over 7K followers/likes on Facebook. But they haven't converted into sales yet (although I just launched 2 weeks ago). So far, I've offered exclusive offers to those who've been following my product and those who've signed up for newsletter. Please, if you can let me know what I can improve with my website and any marketing ideas, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've been a CPA for many years so definitely new to Internet marketing.

www.lovemysway.com

Best,

Rebecca

0 Likes
Excursionist
42 0 6

Hey Rebecca,

I think you should really go for Instagram marketing. Instagram converts better than other social channels. I see that you have already got an Instagram account and your posts get good engagement good as well.

Interacting with your potential buyers in forms of likes or comments increases your chances of sales. Regram and comment with just a click.

Apart from that you can also try making your Instagram posts clickable. Again ,this will help you boost sales. 

Try and mantain a contsant frequency for your posts (once a day works fine). Sharing content which and not just the product pictrures seems to help as well.

Happy marketing

Akanksha
Orangetwig - Drive traffic through social media 

https://goo.gl/iyAqha
0 Likes
Excursionist
72 0 8

Rebecca, 

Congrats on starting your entrepreneur journey! You're in for some fun times. When it comes to turning FB into revenue, retargeting ads on FB & Instagram ads are going to be your best bet. 

One thing I'd recommend you do with your site is to remove all the slider images. Just choose one banner image and have it link to your starter kits. 

The first thing you're going to want to do with your FB ads is absolutely nail your targeting. I've seen a lot of businesses lose money on ads because they thought they knew their audience. What you want to do is retarget the people who have visited your site before and people who have added a product to their cart but didn't purchase. The retargeting ads will remind them of your website and bring them back in. You can set all this up manually, or use Shopify Apps like Pollen (https://apps.shopify.com/poln) that handle the heavy lifting for you.

You'll likely get people who recommend you work with influencers to help you out. I think influencers are great...at building brand awareness. If you work with an influencer, you'll likely get more traffic in one day than you ever dreamed of, but there's no guarantee those visitors are going to buy your products. You can read more of my thoughts by reading this post.

Hope this helps!

Put your Facebook Ads on Autopilot - http://gopollen.com
0 Likes
2 0 1

You're landng page has too much going on it doesnt look like a professional store but more like a blog, I'm having to put too much effort in trying to figure out exactly what you are selling and I dont want to spend time waiting for the video to load as your page is lagging so thats why I would leave personally.

You could create a short headline in one sentece what it is and the key benefit at the top... then maybe 1 video or product picture with a few reviews scrolling.

Hope this helps

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
95 0 1

Thanks for posting about this. It’s a topic that’s super important.

Wanted to add my $0.02 on the topic of cost per acquistion:

There are a number of components that affect your company’s final cpa. Some of which you can’t control, but most of which can be positively influenced with the right strategy.

For example, take Product Lifecycle. 

It’s difficult for any ecommerce company to prosper if they sell a single purchase experience. Give customers the opportunity to purchase from you again and again. For your target cpa, start thinking about sustainable profitability. Up sell with a complimentary item. Think about creating a commitment to turn a single purchase decision into a repeat purchase behavior. Subscription commerce is a smart benchmark for product lifecycle. They turn a single purchase into twelve. Or more.

Anyway we blogged about this on our blog if you wanted to read our exhaustive list: https://bit.ly/2N72idH

Hope that adds to the conversation!

Kevin Simonson is the CEO of Metric Digital, a performance marketing agency in New York City that focuses on driving revenue and customers through for ecommerce business via online advertising, email and other digital marketing channels.
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
95 0 1

Killer discussion! Wanted to add my $0.02.

We believe that promoting a more robust customer life cycle is a smart long term strategy for any company for many reasons.

First, the combination of advertisements and emails is going to decrease the amount of time between purchases. This is a really tough nut to crack, but if you do the math, it works.

Let’s say you look at your customer base and say, okay, every ninety days they’re going to make a purchase. If you can push that down to every sixty days, then everybody makes one more purchase throughout the year.

If we can use these audiences to engage on an alternate channel and decrease the amount of time that it takes somebody to purchase, again, that's going to mean significant growth for your business.

If you can get somebody to buy it four times a year instead of three, again, that's gonna give you noticeable additional revenue.

One tactic we coach our clients on is, if this, then that. Meaning, if a user completes some action, then serve them a complementary advertisement.

Here are two examples. If a user opens an email about a sale, push them to a segment and serve them an advertisement on Facebook to remind them of it. On the other hand, if a typically active user doesn’t open an email about a sale, or if they’re at a critical moment in the lifecycle, serve them a targeted advertisement.

Perhaps you sell shirts, pants, and shoes, and someone constantly opens the shirt emails, but never opens the shoe, email. Okay, well, stop showing them the shoes! Just show the shirts and use that audience to push it to Facebook as a nice targeted ad to those people that features only that product. That’s how you use lifecycle as your strategic filter.

Anyway, enough blabbing! We blogged about this if you want more info: https://bit.ly/2NYyQeN

Hope that's useful! 

Kevin Simonson is the CEO of Metric Digital, a performance marketing agency in New York City that focuses on driving revenue and customers through for ecommerce business via online advertising, email and other digital marketing channels.
0 Likes