Help making our site better, possible critiques?

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi all,

Another first time Forum poster here so looking forward to getting involved with the community.

We launched our store in Feb 2017 and initially spent quite a lot of money on Fb and Instagram ads and got alot of traffic from them. At the time our conversions were really low and we didn't feel that the initial design we made was working, so we redesigned the entire site then 2 months later redesigned it again for the same reason, to what it is now. (www.indah.co.za).

We're really happy with the current design and can see the results from our efforts, our bounce rate went from 75%+ down to 45% currently. The problem is that we're really struggling to create marketing campains on FB that we actually see a return from. We've also worked with influencers on instagram but don't really see a uptick in sales or increase in following.

Is there anything blaringly wrong that we're doing? How can we improve? Any and all suggestions/critisizm welcome :)  Sometimes you're so close to it it's hard to be objective.

Thanks,

Nathan

www.indah.co.za

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Your best bet would be facebook ads, if you aren't good at targetting get someone who is and secondly you might wanna give growing your own instagram accounts a shot

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 2

Hey Nathan,

The design of your site is really good. Congrats on that. My advice would be to do some old school market research. I'd find a bunch of locals that match your target market and interview them about your site. Let them explore the site and talk outloud about their experience.

I'd also spend more time in Google Analytics and analyze your traffic to a deeper level. What I mean exactly is understand where your traffic is hitting your site and their behavior. It might be worth investing in a tool like Hotjar.

Lastly you are collecting email subscribers. I'd recommend reaching out to them and ask them for feedback on your site. I'd focus first on visitors which made a purchase since they will be more likely to respond.

Passionate about entrepreneurship, eCommerce, online marketing and BI. Currently working as an eCommerce Expert at Sumo.
1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thanks @Abylaire for your feedback, we've actually just found an audiance thats responding really well to our ads. We'll see how that goes and take it from there.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hey Justin,

Thanks for the feedback! Thats a good idea, we've been to markets and done some interviews but I feel they haven't been super extensive, so we'll give that a shot.Ironically we've just installed happy orange on our site that does the same thing and it's really opening our eye's to the experience our visitors have. Another thing we've noticed is that sometimes the site doesn't load fast enough on mobile so we'll definitely look at optimizing that aswell.

0 Likes